OK. This is my first post to this forum so hello for everyone. My english may be quite bad, but I hope you understand.

I was thinking to make an IRC client to Win32 system, but I have some questions about it.

1. I think the program will work in the console because I don't need any fancy graphics, windows or buttons. I think that should be possible, but what do you guys think about it?

2. What would be the best way to communicate with the user and the server? Should I have two threads, one for user input and sending data to server when it's required and another for receiving data from server?

3. How can I always print the user input to the lowest row of the console? I think the UI will be much like in Irssi, if someone happens to know what I mean.

Maybe these three questions are enough at this time.
Posted on 2005-10-06 10:00:00 by Jeff
Why not continue in the existing IRC project? Look in the Recruitement Folder.
Posted on 2005-10-06 11:25:19 by JimmyClif

Why not continue in the existing IRC project? Look in the Recruitement Folder.

I want to start a new project, because I didn't find any good projects for me on the Recruitement folder and my Win32 assembly skills are not so good. First I want to learn more and do something own before taking part to some existing projects. I have been learning Win32 assembly maybe just one week.
Posted on 2005-10-07 04:26:13 by Jeff