Can anyone help me with text format in a read-only multi-line edit control?

I am loading a question and 4 choices into the edit ctrl using:

invoke SendDlgItemMessage, hDlg, IDC_EDIT, WM_SETTEXT, NULL, ADDR array_string

The result looks like this:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1                                                                                                                                 

How can a person control the location of text in an edit control?                                         

A. read all the windows programming books in existence and remember eveything you read       

B. hire a real professional windows programmer and pay him enough money to get the job done
the right way                                                                                                                 

C. ask the win32asm community                                                                                       

D. all the above                                                                                                             

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Is there anyway I can control the text so that if any text goes more than 1 line, as choice "B" does,
I can make any subsequent lines start at a different margin so that B would look like this:

B. hire a real professonal windows programmer and pay him enough money to get the job done
    the right way

thanks
Posted on 2005-10-17 22:18:28 by scurvydog
Hmmm, how about adding a routine which will check the text before WM_SETTEXTing it. Count the number of character in a line and if it exceeds lets say 20 - insert 5 spaces.

Or alternatively try playing EM_SETWORDBREAKPROC.
Posted on 2005-10-18 03:45:57 by arafel
scurvydog,

If you just want the end result and don't want auto-wordwrap, its a simple text formatting task. Break you own longer text lines at whatever length you require then pad the next line of that text with spaces. This assumes monospace fonts for display.

The alternative is no fun at all, write your own edit control that has that form of formatting built in.
Posted on 2005-10-18 04:32:40 by hutch--
Thanks arafel and hutch, 

I was hoping there might be a windows msg or something that would tell me when
a crlf occurred so I'd know when to pad the next line.  I'll try what you both suggest
Posted on 2005-10-18 10:30:48 by scurvydog