hi,

I found another problem with my text editor. I usually use windows classic style, when i switched to xp style, my program crashed, but in classic style it ran perfectly, i tested it in olly, the prog breaks at DialogBoxParam, any idea y it won't work when i use xp style...??  :?: :shock:

invoke InitCommonControls
invoke LoadLibrary,addr RichEditDLL
.if eax!=0
mov hRichEditDLL,eax
invoke DialogBoxParam, hInstance, ADDR DlgName, 0, ADDR DlgProc, 0
invoke FreeLibrary,hRichEditDLL
.ENDIF
invoke ExitProcess,0
Posted on 2005-11-22 06:25:25 by lone_samurai5
I've uploaded the file, can someone test and see whether it works on other versions of xp, i have xp home edition sp1.. thanx (btw, none of the controls would work, just started it)  :P
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-11-22 07:17:15 by lone_samurai5
Try calling InitCommonControlsEx with a properly filled out struct instead of InitCommonControls and then check the return value.
Posted on 2005-11-22 07:35:14 by Eóin
Well, total fail at my XP/SP2 ,a protect mode error produced when open your program.
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-11-22 12:07:09 by Luckrock
It works perfectly on my classic style. I see that you're using some new 'cool' visuals. IIRC they require a 'manifest' file. Maybe that's the reason.

Also remember to verify CommonControls DLL version. Some new visuals require 2000/XP libraries (I doubt that's the reason, but it's nice to have it confirmed ;) ).
Posted on 2005-11-22 13:58:03 by ti_mo_n
Well i tried using a manifest too, still crashed, i checked it out in olly, when i trace over dialogboxparam it said something like ERROR_CONTROL_ID_NOT_FOUND, then i remembered i had copied a newer version of user32.inc which, after sometime i found, didn't build properly, so  copied the old one back but alas the error was still there, so i rewrote the whole thing and stopped using dialogs.. works now..  :) very weird though,

Thanx for the help anyways, (btw when i stopped using dialogs, the tab key problem in the richedit control went away too  :D)

Later
Posted on 2005-11-23 05:13:40 by lone_samurai5
That's why I never use Dialogs xD :P
Posted on 2005-11-23 15:18:19 by ti_mo_n