Hi!!!! Well I see many here are new, but well, for those who know me maybe someone remembers :p I've been really absent due to university and, well girlfriend hehe... But well, here is my problem:

I am working with Radasm using MASM... I have a dialog, in where I use the windows function LineTo to create a line from an already fix point to a point x, y. The point x, y changes according to a value inputted (which represents velocity) and thus the line moves in a circular way, similar to a speed indicator in a car for example. Well this sounds good, but the problem might sound really stupid but I've been trying everything and I dont know... I wanna put a bitmap behind the line, like representing the speed indicator thing. The problem is that the bitmap keeps displaying on top of the line! I tried changing all sorts of values from the radasm but I dont know if this is supposed to be somewhere on the BITMAP structure or what. I am using the function DisplayBmp included on the MASM32.lib... Should I use this function?

Thanks very much...

Feels good to be posting here again :)

thanks in advance...
Posted on 2005-11-23 23:34:00 by CodeLover
First blit the bitmap and then draw the lines :)
Posted on 2005-11-24 08:16:01 by JimmyClif
That's what I did... However it doesn't work :S
Posted on 2005-11-24 10:52:35 by CodeLover

AFAI remember this DisplayBmp thing creates a window for displaying the bitmap. If this is true for the current version it is surely not the right thing to use.

Why not displaying the bitmap on your own. There are plenty of examples how to do it (CreateCompatibleDC, CreateCompatibleBitmap, BitBlt, ...)
Posted on 2005-11-24 13:56:57 by japheth