ZATRiX,

A quick look at the IO.OBJ file said is was OMF format so I converted it to COFF format. It appears to have been written in Borland Turbo Assembler. I have no idea what it does but I can at least dump the object module now and read it contents.

Vortex is correct here, it is 16 bit code and its written in TASM version 4. This may be useful in a 16 bit app but it cannot be used in 32 bit applications at all as it uses the normal DOS int 21h which is not allowed in 32 bit code.
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-11-27 03:19:41 by hutch--
so if I need to use 32bit registers and such (for reading in a 32bit number) what do I do? Is there any work around to let me use that object module with my 32bit code?
Posted on 2005-11-27 07:43:51 by ZATRiX
Basically rewrite the module in 32 bit, as it is its unusable because of the DOS interrupts. ANother approach is the library functions it is calling which look like C runtime functions. You would need the C library anyway to run code of that type so if you have access at the C library which also must be 32 bit, write a set of prototypes for the C functions and call them directly from your assembler code. You could probably also use the MSVCRT library if your project will allow it.
Posted on 2005-11-27 08:19:48 by hutch--
how can I look at the actual code compiled in the module?

i talked to the prof, we are supposed to use printf/scanf not the module..so there goes that hurdle
Posted on 2005-11-27 08:22:46 by ZATRiX