Normally I hit the print screen key to save an image to paste to paint.

The Keyboard eye have now, just wants to literally print it.

What's the secret. :-)

Thanks.

Posted on 2006-01-05 09:33:58 by skywalker
1) Find out its keycode to ses if it's THE printscreen or something else.
2) play with the drivers.
Posted on 2006-01-05 14:04:24 by ti_mo_n

1) Find out its keycode to ses if it's THE printscreen or something else.
2) play with the drivers.

What the easiest way to determine the keycode. I have an old DOS program that does it. Would it return the same keycode as is generated under  WinXP ?

Posted on 2006-01-06 13:23:13 by skywalker
Use Microsoft's "Spy++" to check any program's message queue to find out whether it gets VK_SNAPSHOT when you press the PrintScreen key.
Posted on 2006-01-07 10:01:36 by ti_mo_n

Use Microsoft's "Spy++" to check any program's message queue to find out whether it gets VK_SNAPSHOT when you press the PrintScreen key.

Could you break that down to some simpler terms. Where can I get that program too.

Thanks.
Posted on 2006-01-09 09:38:55 by skywalker
MS's Spy++ tracks program's message queue. Make it track a program and then press you printscreen. Spy++ should show something like "WM_KEYDOWN, VK_SNAPHOT".

You get Spy++ along with Visual Studio 6.0. I recall that there was a similiar app added to the Platform SDK, but -strangely- I can't find it.
Posted on 2006-01-09 23:15:01 by ti_mo_n

MS's Spy++ tracks program's message queue. Make it track a program and then press you printscreen. Spy++ should show something like "WM_KEYDOWN, VK_SNAPHOT".

You get Spy++ along with Visual Studio 6.0. I recall that there was a similiar app added to the Platform SDK, but -strangely- I can't find it.

Would you know if the Debugging tools for windows is worth the download? Rather a large puppy saying it needs
25 megs. :-)

Posted on 2006-01-10 17:14:51 by skywalker