Hello,

I downloaded a copy of Radasm a 2 or 3 months ago so maybe this issue is already resolved with the newer version.
I opend an existing .exe file with Radasm "Open as hex" then i clicked link or go or one of the build commands (by mistake)
Of course i got an error message but then my executable was gone. I was surprised.... :shock:
Posted on 2006-02-09 12:27:43 by JohnnyDepp
Hi

Yes, this is the expected behaviour. Before a link is attempted the executable is deleted.
It has nothing to do with open as hex.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-02-09 13:16:12 by KetilO

Hi

Yes, this is the expected behaviour. Before a link is attempted the executable is deleted.
It has nothing to do with open as hex.

KetilO

Of course. But in my case i opened a unknown executable from my pc with the editor - i just wanted to look inside.
I used your Radasm as Hex-editor, there was nor Radasm project open or anything - in no case ever is should delete me executable by my mistake. Too me your build-in hexeditor is a dangerous thing to use.

What if i tried to open explorer.exe or any other important windows system file?
Posted on 2006-02-10 13:03:27 by JohnnyDepp
Hi

It is still the link command that deleted the exe, NOT the hex editor.
If you expect this to be a problem for you, then you can always
delete section from the masm.ini file.
By doing this you disable all build commands when no project is open.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-02-10 16:52:43 by KetilO
A new RadASM2207 bugtest is uploaded.
It adds improved exe protection since it checks if the files needed to link are found before deleting the exe.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-02-10 18:39:26 by KetilO