Hi friends.. :D
How can i emulate a WndProc() for a child popup window ??
so when i call it, it won't return till an user action ???

i've tried the basic wndproc loop construct, but it only hangs

I've used too PeekMessage() with PM_REMOVE and PM_NOREMOVE
Posted on 2006-03-03 21:20:03 by Punky
You cannot mix the WS_POPUP style and WS_CHILD style, they are incompatible...

WS_POPUP
Creates a pop-up window. This style cannot be used with the WS_CHILD style.

WS_POPUPWINDOW
Creates a pop-up window with WS_BORDER, WS_POPUP, and WS_SYSMENU styles. The WS_CAPTION and WS_POPUPWINDOW styles must be combined to make the window menu visible.
Posted on 2006-03-03 23:22:50 by donkey
:shock: Lol :lol:, by saying a child popup window i mean it isn't inside the Main Window's Client area,  :lol:
Posted on 2006-03-04 18:18:04 by Punky
Ah, not a popup window then, you are looking for a modal window. Just use a dialog, they automatically enter a modal loop when created with a parent specified.
Posted on 2006-03-04 18:56:24 by donkey
It's obvious you don't know what am i talking about, please let others answer my question....
Posted on 2006-03-05 15:50:26 by Punky

It's obvious you don't know what am i talking about, please let others answer my question....

I don't think having someone else answer your question is going change the fact that you are not clear on what you are trying to do. Y is Y, X is X, Up is Up, and Down is Down... we do not call them by any other name for any other reason. Please study what you are trying to do first (Icz/Google/MSDN), familiarize yourself with the terminology (and what they mean)... then ask questions if you still need to.
Posted on 2006-03-05 23:29:17 by SpooK
:lol: lol, please consider the following code:

invoke CreateWindowEx,0,\
addr ClassName,\
addr szClassName,\
WS_POPUP+WS_VISIBLE+WS_BORDER,\
220,220,200,200,hwnd,0,hInst,0

mov hWnd,eax

Specifying the parent hWnd you create a child pop-up window that doesn't behave as if you don't specify, So that's the Child Pop-up Window.

Anyway, i'll go and search by myself, thats the one thing i had to done from the beginning.................
Posted on 2006-03-09 19:39:20 by Punky