Hi comrade,

Actually I have very little idea who she is outside of seeing the occasional video, a very good loking woman. But in reality I listen to Blues, Motown and some classical (with a bit of Opera) so she does not play a large role in the genres I listen too. I was just being an ass and trying to be funny :)
Posted on 2006-04-03 23:45:28 by donkey

you are all inferior to Shakira
you are all nobodies

That's not true. There are ASM gurus here and I assume Shakira cannot program in ASM... :lol:
Posted on 2006-04-04 02:32:00 by bszente
!Assume - she might just suprise you :)

(ok maybe not, but its my fantasy and I'll perceive it how I wanna)
Posted on 2006-04-04 11:19:06 by Homer

you are all nobodies

Well maybe, but REAL talent lies in the ability to compose  your own music and lyrics, and sing them too. Otherwise, you fall into the category of creations of music  producers and agents who see some quick money to be made, ala-Britney Spears, maddona, the various boy toy groups, etc, etc., just because you have the looks and a voice to match.
Posted on 2006-04-04 11:52:34 by rags

you are all inferior to Shakira
she has more money than you and does better things with it www.fundacionpiesdescalzos.com
she is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador

you are all nobodies

Yeah, well, Chuck Norris is superior to Shakira ;)
http://www.4q.cc/index.php?pid=top100&person=chuck

:lol:

PD: Now seriously, I was just pulling your leg there :)
Posted on 2006-04-04 11:55:45 by QvasiModo
sorry for my outburst earlier

rags, Shakira DOES write and produce her own music
Posted on 2006-04-04 12:04:20 by comrade

Yeah, but she cannot piss patterns on the snow...  ;) :lol: :lol:
Posted on 2006-04-04 12:08:56 by bszente

She is the exception then.
In most cases pop entertainers are creations specifically made to create money and appeal to certain demographics, without regard for their talent levels.
AT least she appears to be doing something good with her money, though I could not translate that link to that charity in an earlier post.
I only wish Bono from U2 would spend HIS own money to clean up the 3rd world debt, created by the various inept 3rd world leaders, instead of constantly pushing for invidividuals of various nations to ante up. Because in essance by pushing for debt forgiveness, that is what he is doing.
I for one, refuse to give up my hard earned money , to bail out Robert Mugabe, and others like him.
Rags
Posted on 2006-04-05 07:37:31 by rags
I think the crappiest pop song of all time, I don't know what it is but it was written and sung by Bob Dylan!  Some of his stuff is great; Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door is a wonderful song; but most of his stuff?  Well, you just cannot deny it, that man can not carry a tune in a basket!

Paul
Posted on 2006-04-06 07:43:33 by PBrennick
Oh PBrennick, you antichrist. Granted anyone could cover a Bob Dylan song better than he could sing it - but you can not throw such a statement out without at least giving a kind of famous but crappy example song.
Posted on 2006-04-06 11:00:20 by JimmyClif

I think the crappiest pop song of all time, I don't know what it is but it was written and sung by Bob Dylan!  Some of his stuff is great; Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door is a wonderful song; but most of his stuff?  Well, you just cannot deny it, that man can not carry a tune in a basket!

Paul

It didn't matter when the majority of his audience were drugged out of their minds :P
Posted on 2006-04-06 17:55:37 by SpooK
I think the band ABBA would have many number one hits in the crappiest pop song category. They were billed as a rock group, but it sounded like fast polka music, and I don't even want to talk about the lyrics. :oops:
Posted on 2006-04-07 18:28:44 by Wilheimer