I know that WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP does not stack with Min and Max buttons but can i check some how if it was pressed ( when i have Min button also ) ???
Posted on 2003-10-13 07:30:03 by AceEmbler
By way of clarification, you can have the WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP style with WS_MAXIMIZE or WS_MINIMIZE but not with both WS_MAXIMIZE and WS_MINIMIZE enabled.
Posted on 2003-10-13 22:57:46 by Poimander

By way of clarification, you can have the WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP style with WS_MAXIMIZE or WS_MINIMIZE but not with both WS_MAXIMIZE and WS_MINIMIZE enabled.

Yes but how do you go about using the button, if you choose to do this the button appears active but is not animated and has no effect when pressed (i.e. no cusor change - no WM_HELP message sent).
Posted on 2003-10-13 23:11:28 by donkey
Hi donkey, I'm currently writing a owner-draw caption program, I merely repeated a fact without regard to the actual functionality of the contexthelp button. The only way you can use the button with either WS_MAXIMIZE or WS_MINIMIZE is to implement the functionality yourself by overriding the NCPAINT, NCHITTEST messages (etc) and by employing the DrawFrameControl api
Posted on 2003-10-13 23:36:00 by Poimander
Hi Poinmander,

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, I would like to add context help to Toolbar Paint but I need the minimize button. Will you be posting your custom caption program ? All of my attempts to implement one have crashed and burned, well maybe not crashed but they did not perform as expected.
Posted on 2003-10-13 23:40:37 by donkey
I'll post whatever I come up with, but I'm not sure when since I'm also working on several other projects.
Posted on 2003-10-14 19:21:27 by Poimander