I recently updated to new version of windows.inc then today I try assembling one of my old programs, got error message. I found that all my programs give error message: windows.inc (line #) symbol redefinition: CHAR
Anybody have similar problems and how can I fix this?

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-12-15 14:29:08 by czDrillard
fix your program :)
Posted on 2001-12-15 14:57:53 by nyook
Perhaps I should have added that my program doesn't define the word 'CHAR' It doesn't even process 'WM_CHAR' so where redefinition in windows inc come from? If anybody has anything to add to nyook's suggestion it is much appreciated.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-12-15 16:08:43 by czDrillard
Go into your window inc and delete the second definition.
Posted on 2001-12-15 18:19:32 by ChimpFace9000
I remember a long while ago i had simular probs. I reverted back to the previous version.

Just now I thought i would give this bug another stab, but i came up with nothing (but i also deleted the *new* version of windows.inc).

Basically all i did was use MS FIND FILES and searched my include directroy for the text 'char typedef'... The only results was windows.inc... but then again.. my old version has no probs.. (or i fixed it and forgot about it :rolleyes: )

NaN
Posted on 2001-12-16 14:16:25 by NaN
Thanks everybody for suggestions, I commented out line #7709: 'CHAR TYPEDEF BYTE' now assembles with no problem. Didn't like to do it this way cuz maybe it will come back to haunt me :) but it worked.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2001-12-16 16:46:09 by czDrillard