Hi, I'm new with Win32 ASM.
I'm wondering where I can find a good beginner tutorial on making a window with controls like buttons and text and checking to see if the user clicks on a button and to display a MessageBox or something in reaction.
All i've been able to program is very simple things like a program that displays a message box and then exits because i cannot find an adequate newbies tutorial that teaches the basics of a window with buttons, text, etc.. I can make the resource files with a window and stuff inside but I dont know how to implement it into my asm program and react when you press a button or something. Maybe theres some source code i can look at thats just a basic window with buttons and stuff? :)

Thanks,
PoiZ
Posted on 2001-12-16 20:53:58 by poison
Have you checked out Iczelions tutorials? They should be somewhere
on this board, and definitely at http://win32asm.cjb.net .
Posted on 2001-12-16 21:11:34 by f0dder
I have read Iczelions tutorials but still have no understanding of this. Can someone plz point me to a site with a simple window with buttons and text with commented source code?

And if yer real nice you would make some nice commented source code with a window and some buttons and make it so a message box pops up when u click the button and post the code on here :tongue:

~PoiZ
Posted on 2001-12-16 21:32:20 by poison
IMHO Iczelions tutorials are the best for newbies (like me :) ) and easiest to understand too. If you don't understand them I can recommend you to read them again until you do. If you don't understand the assembler code, you can visit Thomas site for some basic ASM tutorials!

If you want to create a window with some controls on, the easiest way would be to do it in KetilO's RadASM. Search for 'RadASM' on this messageboard and you will be able to download it!
/Delight
Posted on 2001-12-17 04:55:22 by Delight
poison,

Make sure you view the html files that are part of
the tutorials! Don't just try to learn from the
*.asm files. The html tutorials will walk you
thru what you need to get started.

After that, if you have any specific questions
ask them here. Good luck, and jump in.

farrier
Posted on 2001-12-17 07:45:12 by farrier
thanks for all your help, I have read iczelion's tutorials.. I guess i just need to read em again and again until i understand it ;)

I just figured out some pretty cool stuff last night,
i learned how to do ".if eax == IDYES" or ".if eax == IDNO", etc.
So i wrote a lil 3kb prog thats made up of a bunch of message boxes so u can interact a lil more with it instead of just displaying a message box and closing.

Btw I do understand the assembler code pretty much now, I
didn't when i first started trying to learn but its pretty easy
to grasp.

~PoiZ
Posted on 2001-12-17 13:09:04 by poison