I'm serach source level debuger for windows xp masm32.

- numega softice cool but stopped windows kernel and network and winamp :-(
- microsft debuger work but dont like it.

other???

Posted on 2006-03-13 13:28:58 by korte
- numega softice cool but stopped windows kernel and network and winamp :-(

SoftICE is a kernel mode debugger and isn't really suited for debugging normal applications. It's more of a power tool.

- microsft debuger work but dont like it.

I only use WinDBG when have to, and it's more designed for command driven debugging than modern source level debugging.

Answer.
OllyDBG is a great source level debugger, and probably one of the most popular on this board. Another decent debugger (honestly OllyDBG is kinda like a GUI version of this) is TD32 which comes with TASM5.0. Either of them are really good for general debugging. But I have to say OllyDBG outweighs TD32 because of it's support for addins (and there are plenty of great addins out there).

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2006-03-13 14:39:10 by Synfire

downloading ollydbg.
nice!

but one problem.

source windows not automatically scrool to current execution line.

parameter or setting problems?

thanx.

/sorry only reading englisch

Posted on 2006-03-14 04:53:07 by korte
Only parameter modifications you might need is when Assembling you add "/Fm /Zi" and when linking you add "/DEBUG" to your code. I notice that when OllyDBG first loads the source file it does not go straight to the entry point. But if you hit F8 the disassembly window will take focus and you will have stepped to the next instruction. Upon doing this switch back to the Source window and you will see the highlight has landed on your entry point. Continue using F8 or F7 to trace through your source and IIRC the highlight will follow your source.

Probably a better alternative (not free) would be Visual Studios 2005's internal debugger. But prepare to fork out some $$$. :)

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2006-03-14 13:11:00 by Synfire