I was looking thru this. If I am reading this right, I am NOT supposed to use
RegCloseKey since I am using a predefined registry key.

phkResult
    Pointer to a variable that receives a handle to the opened or created key. If the key is not one of the predefined registry keys, call the RegCloseKey function after you have finished using the handle.

What does the closing it when...is destroyed mean.

PyHANDLE Object

A Python object, representing a win32 HANDLE.

Comments
This object wraps a win32 HANDLE object, automatically closing it when the object is destroyed. To guarantee cleanup, you can call either PyHANDLE::Close, or win32api::CloseHandle.
Posted on 2006-03-16 15:00:29 by skywalker
for that i think you have to be using python, just read msdn and LEARN how to use the registry properly, and/or read through the already existing code that donkey (and others) pointed you to

and you DO have to use regclosekey on ANY registry key you opened using RegCreateKey or RegOpenKey, regardless of the fact if the key is predefined or not...

Posted on 2006-03-17 04:24:42 by evlncrn8

for that i think you have to be using python, just read msdn and LEARN how to use the registry properly, and/or read through the already existing code that donkey (and others) pointed you to

and you DO have to use regclosekey on ANY registry key you opened using RegCreateKey or RegOpenKey, regardless of the fact if the key is predefined or not...

No cursing/swearing in any context. This community was designed to support mature people interested in programming/coding.

fel·low·ship
Pronunciation: 'fe-l&-"ship, -lO-
Function: noun
1 : COMPANIONSHIP, COMPANY
2 a : community of interest, activity, feeling, or experience b : the state of being a fellow or associate
3 : a company of equals or friends : ASSOCIATION
4 : the quality or state of being comradely
Posted on 2006-03-17 07:27:15 by skywalker
for a start, there was NO cursing or swearing in my post, and instead of posting definitions of words that arent even related to the context of this post try using GOOGLE and read the documentation on MSDN and use your time more purposefully...

so, dont use the force skywalker, use google and do some work and dont expect to be spoonfed all the time
Posted on 2006-03-17 09:12:19 by evlncrn8
No cursing/swearing in any context.
I am trying hard to understand your understanding of cursing/swearing in the context of evlncrn8 post.?  Please post an exact reference and explain it to us.Šnbsp; All I can see is some capitalization for emphasis.Šnbsp; At worse case interpretation, it's a loud voice or yelling in a chat context.

Otherwise, I believe you owe evlncrn8 an apology.

Thanks,?  P1?  8)
Posted on 2006-03-17 12:26:22 by P1
skywalker,
why are you asking the same questions on both boards? Do you believe you are not being given correct answers or something? Or do you believe that by asking the question as widely as possible you increase the chances of someone writing the code for you?
Posted on 2006-03-18 03:31:38 by sluggy

skywalker,
why are you asking the same questions on both boards? Do you believe you are not being given correct answers or something? Or do you believe that by asking the question as widely as possible you increase the chances of someone writing the code for you?

Actually, I have been given wrong information for some code I am working on. That incorrect info knocked out regedit for a while.  I have since found the correct answer.

It's a shame you think I am asking for someone to write my code. Since you are following me around so much, you already know that's not true. Do a google search for andrewkennedy2, you'll find tons
of hits of free code I have posted.

I am a pleasant person and it's reasonable for me to expect others to treat me with respect. If they can't,
I will choose not to respond to their posts.

Have a good weekend,
                                Andy

Posted on 2006-03-18 08:18:16 by skywalker

Actually, I have been given wrong information for some code I am working on. That incorrect info knocked out regedit for a while.  I have since found the correct answer.

somehow i doubt that, i think you simply misunderstood the information you were given and didnt bother to research or even trace your own code, as for knocking out regedit, i seriously doubt that is possible unless you really screwed up the registry, which i believe could have happened given the fact that in this thread you are asking for information on python, thinking its somehow related to the win32api.. which it definately is not...

if someone did post code that was wrong, someone else on the forum would have commented on it..
Posted on 2006-03-18 10:23:47 by evlncrn8
He's probably on win9x. Doesn't take a lot to knock out a win9x system :)
Posted on 2006-03-18 11:22:23 by f0dder