I've played with treeview, i can change embedded tooltip style to balloon style and i can overwrite standard txt with my custom balloon text. it works fine.

;
; treeview balloon tooltip
;
invoke SendMessage,hTrv,TVM_GETTOOLTIPS,0,0
mov hTrvTT,eax
invoke SendMessage,hTrvTT,TTM_SETTITLE,1,StrAddr ( "A menüpont leírása:" )
invoke SendMessage,hTrvTT,TTM_SETDELAYTIME,TTDT_AUTOPOP,2000
invoke GetWindowLong,hTrvTT,GWL_STYLE
or eax,TTS_BALLOON
invoke SetWindowLong,hTrvTT,GWL_STYLE,eax

The thing i cannot implement is wait time before popup.
TTDT_INITIAL did not work.
and how can i change popup position?
I think TTM_GETTOOLINFO,change TOOLINFO.rect,TTM_SETTOOLINFO, but when ?
Because this is embedded tooltip into treeiew, i cannot catch when popup. Ok, on initialisation i can change style, and when TVN_GETINFOTIP occur i can change text.
thanks and regards....s5vi

Posted on 2006-03-30 07:46:07 by s5vi
To set the delay time use TTM_SETDELAYTIME with TTDT_INITIAL and TTDT_RESHOW. You are using TTDT_AUTOPOP, which sets the amount of time before the window is hidden. To move the popup try:
invoke MoveWindow, hTrvTT, x, y, height, width, TRUE
Posted on 2006-03-30 08:27:52 by Synfire
Synire, thanks for your tips,

Yes, i used TTDT_AUTOPOP to set balloon duration to 2 sec, as i wrote, i tried TTDT_INITIAL to set time before balloon popup,but did not work.The tooltip shown immediately. I think this is internal feature in treeview control.
But TTDT_AUTOPOPUP value can be overwritten. Strange.
You suggest MoveWindow, i will try. Do you mean i put this into TVN_GETINFOTIP event handler ? But at this point tooltip not shown yet, isnt it ? How can i figure out when that tooltip will be shown? I think that MoveWindow msg will work properly after tooltip shown......
Posted on 2006-03-30 12:17:36 by s5vi
TTDT_INITIAL sets the time for the first time the popup is show, TTDT_RESHOW sets the time for all subsequent times shown.

The MoveWindow suggestion was for you to subclass the tooltip control and move the window where you want during a WM_PAINT message. It shouldn't be that hard, something like:

.data
g_TipHandler dd 0
.code
invoke SetWindowLong, hTrvTT, GWL_WNDPROC, OFFSET MyTipHandler
mov g_TipHandler, eax
MyTipHandler PROC hTip:DWORD, uMsg:DWORD, wParam:DWORD, lParam:DWORD
LOCAL dwX, dwX, dwHeight, dwWidth
.if ( uMsg == WM_PAINT )
... ; Calculate where you want the control moved too
invoke MoveWindow, hTip, dwX, dwY, dwHeight, dwWidth, FALSE
.endif
invoke CallWindowProc, g_TipHandler, hTip, uMsg, wParam, lParam
ret
MyTipHandler ENDP

Also, once you subclass, you could manage the delay by adding your own handler for the WM_TIMER message, which windows uses to show/hide the window. But how to go about working that is really up to you.

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2006-03-30 12:37:29 by Synfire
Oh,i see....subclass that tooltip...good idea!  :D
:shock: And now, some completely different: i saw your given homepage (nasm) and read: "This also means that Nasm32 can build applications on Linux/BSD systems which support gcc and libc."
Very interesting for me (i'm a linux fan). Is there any tutorial to write apps with nasm and libc?
Thanks.....
Posted on 2006-03-30 12:49:10 by s5vi
Not at the moment, I'm kinda stuck between a few other projects but I do plan to eventually write full documentation for the Nasm32 project. If you look at /nasm32/examples/demo11 it shows a very simple application using the LibC.mac extention. It also explains how to build it on both Windows and Linux/BSD systems. If you wish to use the LibC.mac extention for portable coding, you will need a LibC compatible compiler along with the Nasm32 project files. I suggest using MinGW or DevC++ because I know for a fact those are compliant.. I had some problems using DJGPP, but apparently it's because of the unsupported object format that DJGPP uses.

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2006-03-30 13:38:46 by Synfire