I am trying to understand this FRAME. It's something totally new to me.
I can't find it in my SDK material.

It's giving me a syntax error.

Thanks.

GenKey FRAME
LOCAL KSRegKey[256] :B
LOCAL KeyString[64] :B
LOCAL hRegKey :D
LOCAL Disposition :D
LOCAL uDataCode :D
LOCAL cbRead :D
Posted on 2006-03-30 18:39:53 by skywalker
I think you read some GoASM (iirc) source code. FRAME is used like Masm32's PROC to setup the stack frame.
Posted on 2006-03-30 18:51:02 by Synfire
Hi skywalker,

I have not coded in MASM for quite a long time, I prefer GoAsm which has some much more powerful features and does not have many of the problems of MASM. Not being the type who likes or uses macros I have never missed any feature of MASM and was happy to see it go. For example no .LIB files, no PROTO statements, a much more powerful INVOKE statement, no strict typing and better scoping. Ofcourse it is a more semantically rigid language when compared to MASM but that is another feature I prefer, there is no ambiguity in GoAsm, a stack frame is called a FRAME not a PROC.

The following replacement table may help...

FRAME = PROC
ENDF = ENDP you must insert the proc name before ENDP
: = @@:
> or >> = @F
< or << = @B

There are few more but they are easy to figure out as GoAsm is extremely close to MASM in syntax.

Edgar
Posted on 2006-03-30 19:13:48 by donkey

Hi skywalker,

I have not coded in MASM for quite a long time, I prefer GoAsm which has some much more powerful features and does not have many of the problems of MASM. Not being the type who likes or uses macros I h
The following replacement table may help...

FRAME = PROC
ENDF = ENDP you must insert the proc name before ENDP
: = @@:
> or >> = @F
< or << = @B

There are few more but they are easy to figure out as GoAsm is extremely close to MASM in syntax.

Edgar

Thanks, this will clear up a screenful of errors I was getting. :-)

Posted on 2006-03-30 20:59:30 by skywalker