I found some tasm code for encryption but it doesn't work correctly.

Maybe someone could look at it and see if it's salvageable. I'd like to convert it to masm and also
learn what current include would be substituted for win32.inc.

I also decided it best to create ini files instead of storing stuff in the registry. Even if the ini file
got corrrupted, I could have my code check and re-create it if necessary.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-03-31 08:56:44 by skywalker
win32.inc is an include file which includes every .inc file. It's exactly like in Platform SDK's .h files.

AS for the code: Rewriting it to MASM is like copy-paste opertation with some little tweaks. I don't see any problematic parts in this code.
Posted on 2006-03-31 12:44:08 by ti_mo_n

win32.inc is an include file which includes every .inc file. It's exactly like in Platform SDK's .h files.

AS for the code: Rewriting it to MASM is like copy-paste opertation with some little tweaks. I don't see any problematic parts in this code.

Thanks for the info. I'll convert the code and then ask questions on the part that doesn't work on
it.

Posted on 2006-03-31 14:50:35 by skywalker

It looks it's a little more involved than cut and paste. Here are the first few messages i'M getting.
If you don't have time, I understand. I can convert 16 bit tasm code, but this 32 bit stuff is a little
more involved.

C:\masm32\source\ENC32.asm(38) : error A2008: syntax error : message
C:\masm32\source\ENC32.asm(91) : error A2004: symbol type conflict : GetModuleHandleA
C:\masm32\source\ENC32.asm(92) : error A2004: symbol type conflict : LoadIconA
C:\masm32\source\ENC32.asm(93) : error A2004: symbol type conflict : LoadCursorA
C:\masm32\source\ENC32.asm(94) : error A2004: symbol type conflict : SetCursor
Posted on 2006-04-01 19:44:22 by skywalker
-Replace message with msg
-Remove all the extrn
-Change the public to proto
-Change the call to invoke

It should work.
Posted on 2006-04-01 20:34:39 by roticv