Hi, i'm reading Randalls book win32 asm.  And I just installed the HLA and MASM32 properly but when I try to compile a hello world program I get a dialogue box saying hlaparser has encountered an error. 

I don't know what further to say, ask if you need more info.
Posted on 2006-04-06 20:18:25 by Entheo
I hope Randall still visits this forum every now and then.

If you don't get a response here soon, you can try emailing him - from what I know, he's usually a pretty nice guy. You could also try posting to alt.lang.asm or comp.lang.asm.x86, just beware that especially in alt.lang.asm the flaming and HLA bashing is severe.

Iirc there's a coupple of members here that are fair enough at using HLA, but your error sounds to me like something you'll have to take up with Randall :)
Posted on 2006-04-06 20:25:00 by f0dder
Thanks for the reply.  I will visit those channels.  I followed Randall's instructions to a T and I'm certain I have updated versions, so my thought is that there is some bug in the hlaparser.
Posted on 2006-04-06 20:32:06 by Entheo
Also post the code, the  line of the error (if there is a error that display a line), or if the whole source (???).
And like Im rereading if is more like an internal error dont know. More than that I dont have nothing to say :S.
Posted on 2006-04-07 00:46:10 by rea