I am breaking ground on "yet another" IDE. Work on DynatOS will most likely come to a halt until I can get this IDE working in a useful manner. The main goal behind this IDE is to help me refocus my programming efforts with something "short term". The result of that short term effort (the IDE) in-turn should help me reorganize the way I do my OS Development, and allow me to be more efficient in the development of DynatOS. I will also release this IDE for public use when it is ready.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who invested in my message about an Alpha Release being available this summer (still *might* happen). For those who are interested in OS Development, I think you will appreciate the shift in effort ;)
Posted on 2006-04-10 21:33:45 by SpooK
First of all,
I am interested!!!  8) :D

The main goal behind this IDE is to help me refocus my programming efforts with something "short term".

How short term? Have a bunch of ideas to throw your way!!! :) Interested?

Any "work in progress" information about the IDE, like what it "would" do, how it "would" do it, etc.
Posted on 2006-04-11 08:20:18 by shantanu_gadgil
Spook,
I know what you mean I to have been working on an IDE
and it seems the closer I get to being done, the more I find I
have to wrap up, you know tie all those knots and clip all
those lose ends.

I thought I would be done in a week but now it looks like
maybe another month. Now watch it will get done in 2 weeks
and make me look like a lier. LOL

and the site I have planed to release it on is KINDA started
but I did not have much to say as I might change some
features of the IDE so WOW now I have to not only write
a program, write a webpage, then write a help file on how
to use the IDE.

Now this is what US programmers like? IDO anyway.

So I wish you luck on your IDE and all the things that go with
making one. :D

Zcoder....
Posted on 2006-04-11 10:51:31 by Zcoder
My computer free-time is limited to about 2 hours a day (weekdays), not to say that I can't check up on this place through-out the day since the internet is like water here... but I am lucky to get any working IDE done within 2-3 months.

Compared to the OS development stuff though, this is short term. Once I get the basics down and the layout (will look like a typical IDE), I will start posting information and taking suggestions/requests. Until then, I am not getting any hopes up... not even mine :)
Posted on 2006-04-11 13:27:08 by SpooK
OK, here is an update.

-Not sure about the name of the IDE
-Doing the program in NASM32 (Synfire's Version), might do linux/bsd port later
-Got a working Menu and MDI Frame/Client thus far...

That's about it for today :)
Posted on 2006-04-12 05:32:24 by SpooK
April, 2006... this has to be the biggest follow-up gap I have ever crossed... and so much for "short term" :lol:

Anyhow, I am back to working on such an IDE. As indicated previously, it will still target assembly language programmers, but it will be released with NASMX, and favor NASM syntax. In fact, I intend to call it the NASMX IDE.

So, with that in mind, I lock and yield this thread in favor the official NASMX IDE thread.
Posted on 2007-11-03 03:12:38 by SpooK