Hi

Well, this one's got me a bit stumped. Been doing some work with property sheets and am trying to figure out the messages sent to the dialogs from the prop sheet. There are equates for about 10 of them in the .inc file in the masm package, they go from -200 to -210. Now, when clicking the ok-button in the prop sheet, the dialogs are sent a -211 through the wm_notify. Which leaves me wondering ... what message is that?? It's still sent from the prop sheet, so I'm guessing there's some meaning to it.
Just checked for quitting the prop sheet with esc - that sends 0ffffff2ch or -212 to the dialog, which is also not on the list of equates.

Anyone know the meaning of these messages?

Regards
Fake
Posted on 2006-05-07 16:28:14 by Fake51
#define PSN_FIRST               (0U-200U)
#define PSN_LAST                (0U-299U)

#define PSN_SETACTIVE          (PSN_FIRST-0)
#define PSN_KILLACTIVE          (PSN_FIRST-1)
// #define PSN_VALIDATE            (PSN_FIRST-1)
#define PSN_APPLY              (PSN_FIRST-2)
#define PSN_RESET              (PSN_FIRST-3)
// #define PSN_CANCEL              (PSN_FIRST-3)
#define PSN_HELP                (PSN_FIRST-5)
#define PSN_WIZBACK            (PSN_FIRST-6)
#define PSN_WIZNEXT            (PSN_FIRST-7)
#define PSN_WIZFINISH          (PSN_FIRST-8)
#define PSN_QUERYCANCEL        (PSN_FIRST-9)
#if (_WIN32_IE >= 0x0400)
    #define PSN_GETOBJECT          (PSN_FIRST-10)
#endif // 0x0400
#if (_WIN32_IE >= 0x0500)
    #define PSN_TRANSLATEACCELERATOR (PSN_FIRST-12)
    #define PSN_QUERYINITIALFOCUS  (PSN_FIRST-13)
#if (_WIN32_IE >= 0x0500)
Posted on 2006-05-07 16:56:12 by ti_mo_n
Cheers for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have the sdk by me, so the equates I have are apparently a bit outdated. This is somewhat better though. And definately explains the msg from quitting the prop-sheet with esc.
I'm still stumped by the -211, but since that seems to only occur on clicking the ok-button, I'll assume it's connected with that.

Regards
Fake
Posted on 2006-05-08 03:43:16 by Fake51
There is a gap between -210 and -212, so I gues that this message is an undocumented internal message. Just don't touch it ;)
Posted on 2006-05-08 05:45:49 by ti_mo_n
Yeah, it would be very neat to use it, though, if it's basically a "user pressed the ok button"-message. Otherwise it seems I have to use the PSN_KILLACTIVE as an indicator of that, which it basically isn't.
Oh well, gonna look deeper into how Documented Windows think I should go about things.

Thanks for taking the time, appreciated.
Fake

Edit: will hurry up and correct myself before someone else does it. Obviously misread a register while debugging, since the dialogs get sent a PSN_APPLY on pressing of ok or apply buttons. So don't have to bother processing killactive or undocumented values ...
Posted on 2006-05-08 10:57:02 by Fake51