I wrote educational app. to test knowledge of irreqular English verbs.
Can I post it? With full source.
Yan (AKA the Hruk)

If it doesn't violate the Community Rules, by all means, post it :)
Posted on 2006-04-12 05:29:05 by SpooK
Please do, Yan. I remember the last game you posted and it was very impressive. I'm already looking forward to that app.
Posted on 2006-04-12 05:29:39 by JimmyClif
Yan? Isn't that The Svin's son?

Your application sounds really cool. Do post it.
Posted on 2006-04-13 07:21:03 by roticv
yes, he is. Very smart young adult.  8)
Posted on 2006-04-13 10:56:14 by Hiroshimator
Oh, Yan made a game? I didn't see that :(

PS: how old are you, Yan, if I may ask?
Posted on 2006-04-13 11:55:41 by f0dder
I guess 10???

By the way, hi hiro?? :).
Posted on 2006-04-13 12:22:02 by rea
I am 10.
Sorry for the delay. Some graphix features on my app doesn't work in WinXP(I have Win98, the Svin: NT 4.0, XP SP1 and his own little OS). I'm working on it, but don't have much time - school exams, and in music school - academic concerts.

If it doesn't violate the Community Rules, by all means, post it

Pardon, Sir,
I don't understand - does app. for testing knowledge of English verb violate the Rules or not?
Posted on 2006-04-18 00:47:52 by Yan
Wow Yan, you're a pretty decent english speaker/writer considering your age and geographic location!

There shouldn't be any problem with your application, it would be interesting to see what you've come up with :)
Posted on 2006-04-18 08:17:37 by f0dder
I can not understand how to download.
And is it possible to see forum in old layout?
This one is diffecult for my eyes to find things.
Posted on 2006-05-09 17:03:53 by Yan

I can not understand how to download.
And is it possible to see forum in old layout?
This one is diffecult for my eyes to find things.

Your default layout can be changed in your Profile settings. The block on the bottom-left is only works on the current session.
Posted on 2006-05-09 18:06:39 by SpooK
Thank you, it helped.
How to download file?
Posted on 2006-05-09 18:16:47 by Yan
As of right now, there is nothing in our "Downloads" section. Everything file we have is an Attachment to a post/reply.
Posted on 2006-05-09 18:41:53 by SpooK
Sorry, I meant - how to upload file. I want to post my programm, but can't see attachment button in the layout.
Posted on 2006-05-09 18:49:11 by Yan
Oh, when you start/reply to a thread, you will see "> Addition Options" below the text box. There it will allow you to attach files (and it tells you which files are acceptable).
Posted on 2006-05-09 19:07:59 by SpooK
Thank you.
It says that my file is too big, max size for files is 256 kb.
Can I divide rar file into 256 kb chunks and post multiparts archive.
Is it allowed?
Posted on 2006-05-09 19:20:16 by Yan
I've eased the restrictions on the attachment sizes. You can post up to 1MB per attachment (10 per post, so 10MB in total). Anything bigger than 1MB can and should be divided into separate file archives to accommodate for those who don't have great bandwidth.

Anything greater than 10MB should really be uploaded to another server and linked, as this is not an outright file repository.
Posted on 2006-05-09 19:27:51 by SpooK
Thank you.
File size is 878 kb.
It was my first commercial app. when I was 8 I got $4 for it :)
My employer doesn't mind to publish it.
I've managed to make it work on both NT and 9x OSs families.
Some code may look strange - it because of limits of usage ani files in 9x which I was forced to overcome.
Some sounds aren't good enough ('cause I have a bad mic),
some characters on the window caption may look strange if you don't have russian language support. Though on the tests and the progy messages all are in English.
Some of my freinds found it usefull while studing English, maybe it can help you also if you not native English speaker.
Feel free to use it for free :)
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-05-09 19:47:14 by Yan
I gave it a glimpse. It asked me about "Awake", so I put "Awoke" and "Awoken" and then it said I was wrong - that "Awoke", and "Awaked" was the right pair.

According to all I've ever read, the "awaked" is an adjective, not a verb (some other sources say that the 'awaked' is an imporper past participle tense of 'awaken', which should be 'awakened'). We can say that something is awake (or that something awoke, or that something has awoken), or we can say that something has awakened (which is a tense of 'awaken'). Actually I saw one anglicist pointing 4 different words: Wake, Awake, Awaken, and Waken, all of them looking similiar (but different) in different tenses. So that may be the reason for your mistake, Yan? OR maybe I'm wrong?

Any native/proper English speaker here, please?
Posted on 2006-05-09 20:38:34 by ti_mo_n
According to my source (Oxford English Grammar by John Eastwood & Roland Mackin Oxford University Press)
Base: awake
Past: awoke
Past Participle: awoke\awaked
If I'm wrong - then Oxford textbook also is.
Posted on 2006-05-09 20:55:04 by Yan
The past participle can be either awoke or awaked. However, like most languages there are words that are no longer used, kind of like deprecated APIs in Windows. Awaked is one of those, it is mainly found in poetry where metrical constraints call for a 2 syllable word. So in short, yes it is a correct conjugation of the verb however it would not normally be used it in casual conversation.
Posted on 2006-05-09 23:36:26 by donkey