The programm accepts both awoke and awaked as correct answer to 3rd form.
Subject of the programm is to test knowledge or irregular English verbs according to the list from Oxford University. If you trust Oxford on the subject - you can trust the programm to test you knowlege. It's not me who tests you. I just made the test virtual. If there are multiple choises of right forms- the prog. acceptes any of them.
It includes both modern and old forms. If your form hasn't been accepted - it means that from Oxford's point of view the form isn't correct either in old or in modern usage. I'm not to decide what is right or wrong in English, it's Oxford jugement.
Posted on 2006-05-10 02:45:34 by Yan
Yan, I love this program. It's looks very neat and is certainly an excellent way to learn the verbs.

I had quite fun until after the 9th I had my first one wrong  :shock: (Strike) but I'm happy I got it wrong as I'd never seen the Lookup dialog (which put a big smile on my face) if I had been perfect all the way.

I'll keep this treasure of a program around as I'm sure that one of my kids will need this someday.

2 thumbs up.
Posted on 2006-05-10 06:46:07 by JimmyClif
I just love the dancing-singing pigs in the lookup dialog :D

The squealing when you press "test" and the word is wrong gave me a shock, though - it's the same sound Kaspersky antivirus uses to indicate it has found a virus :O

It's a pretty cute little program - but it must have been a real pain entering the words!
Posted on 2006-05-10 06:54:17 by f0dder