As you know, Art of Assembly is a great book that explains Assembly language in detail.
However, all its examples are written in HLA which sometimes make
Masm programmers hard to translate them.
Here is an early version of Art of Assembly,and all the example programs are written in Masm. The drawback is it's too early that most of them are for 16-bits, not 32-bits. But still a good reference.
I wish x86 ASM Book Project can adopt some articles from it to make the ASM book more detailed and complete!
http://maven.smith.edu/~thiebaut/ArtOfAssembly/artofasm.html
Posted on 2006-06-11 20:52:21 by guidry
Although there is nothing wrong with posting this link or viewing the book if you like, no part of it can be included in the wiki book, it is copyright material and without the permission of Randy it cannot be reproduced in the ASM book. Randy frequents this board so he may give permission to use some or all of the book but that is his call, not any one elses.
Posted on 2006-06-11 21:13:09 by donkey

Randy frequents this board...

I am not even sure of that anymore, he seems to be very stand-off-ish when it comes to this place (he hasn't even logged-on in over 6 months). He frequents the MASM32 Forum and alt.lang.asm, I can take a few guesses as to why, but I've all but given up on combating the never-ending propaganda system that is well in-place.

Coupling that with some of the comments he has passively made about this place over time, and I think that you may be venturing for a lost cause here.

Considering the points above, all I can honestly suggest, is that you e-mail and ask him yourself.

Personally, I think the AoA stuff is best left where it is. The members of this community are very capable of putting together much better material for the Wiki... when the motivation is there.
Posted on 2006-06-11 22:10:45 by SpooK
I hadn't realized that he was no longer frequenting the board, I exchange emails with him on occasion but the subject never came up. Not being an HLA user even the emails are mostly about progress on his disassembly engine, something I am interested in studying. It is a shame he doesn't hang around here but all in all there are very few HLA users here (this board is much more technical and low level than others) so I can see why.
Posted on 2006-06-11 22:27:12 by donkey