Does anybody have any good tutorials on Graphics and graphics programming in for a 16 bit code in the real mode? protected mode would work too.

The book that i read contains mostly text mode programming using INT 10h but there is nothing much about graphics programming in it so thought maybe one of you guys could give me a link or a tutorial or something of that sort.

Thanks in advance
Posted on 2006-07-08 04:05:45 by XCHG
Hi,

a few weeks ago I started the conversion of Denthor's 16-bit real-mode graphics tutorials to MASM. Here are tutorials 1 & 2.

Notes:

• I know the string output function is awful, but I havn't had time to change it yet

• These are the most basic tutorials... they go up to 21 or so (and it starts doing 3D at tut 8 ), if you want the rest as I have them (in C and PASCAL), just ask.

Thought I'd just say that these cover entering graphics mode, drawing pixels to the screen, clearing the screen, getting/setting the palette, and drawing lines

Ossa
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-07-08 04:20:19 by Ossa
Okay now that is what i was looking for. I found the whole tutorial package in the pascal language which i've been coding in for almost 10 years so i bet it's gonna help alot.
Thanks man i appreciate it.
Posted on 2006-07-09 02:05:53 by XCHG
It scares me that Pascal is so used... I'm used to seeing everyone programming in C/C++ (mostly C++ now), and Java, and .net stuff...

Also, Thanks, these should help me too.
Posted on 2006-07-11 21:04:32 by Bobbias