I appreciate OBJASM very much.
How I wish the writer could keep going on it.
There are just a few things that bother me a little....
I use RADASM 2.209 and the latest OBJASM32.It seems that after compiling any menu item and submenu that starts with number(0...9) has changed to ?(question mark) in Windows ME.
See the following image. It's Demo8 after compling.
Could any one please tell me how to deal with that?

Attachments:
Posted on 2006-07-11 01:07:59 by guidry
Hi guidry
I have seen this bug before and I'm working on it. At the moment it seems to be hard to find, so I can only say to remove the XMenu object or wait a little bit until I get it solved.  :sad:

Regards,

Biterider
Posted on 2006-07-11 05:17:35 by Biterider
Get it. Thank you.
Posted on 2006-07-11 06:25:03 by guidry
Hi
I hope that this bug is gone in the new release. Can somebody give me a feedback?

Regards,

Biterider
Posted on 2006-11-06 10:08:14 by Biterider
Hi:

If the menu item doesn't start with a number, that will be OK.
    But if it starts with a number, a question mark will replace the starting number, sometimes.

Here is a screen shot of Demo8 compiled on Windows ME.

I can't figure out the reason. But it's not a trouble for me, just not to use a number as the starting char. The GUI of OBJASM 1.4 is very fascinating, cool  and beautiful. If there were some screen shots on the website, I believe that would attract more people to learn it.

Regards,
Guidry
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-11-08 02:15:11 by guidry
Hi Guidry
Do the original supplied EXEs show the same effect or does it appear after a recompilation?

Regards

Biterider
Posted on 2006-11-08 02:20:26 by Biterider
Hi, Biterider:

To find the reason, I use two ways of re-installation. (1)Overwrite version 1.3e with version 1.4. (2)Complete un-install, delete the folder of OBJASM and reinstall. After hours of test, I found it's just an over-writing problem. When installing a new version that overwrites the old one, something unexpected happens. It is the Demo8.RES generated by older version makes such problem. RADASM V2.2.0.9 seems not to delete the old RES file if it exists. Therefore the older version problem happens again. When I delete the old Demo8.res, problems were resolved. I don't know why RADASM doen't delete the out-of-date demo8.RES automatically.

The attached RES file below is the trouble making one, if you copy it to DEMO8 folder, then compile your source code again, you will probably see such problem.

To sum up, supplied EXEs works fine as well as the source code. It's the old version DEMO8.RES stops RADASM from updating itself.

Regards,

Guidry
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-11-08 18:52:24 by guidry
Hi Guidry
Thank you very much for searching the bug. Yesterday I spent some hours searching the problem without success. Now I understand what happens and the reason is clear. I guess I have to make some changes in the installer to prevent such things.

Again? thanks you for investing your time!!!

Regards,

Biterider
Posted on 2006-11-09 01:05:05 by Biterider
Hi:

You are welcome. As a member of ASM Community, that is just what we should do. We get advice from the experts of this messageboard, then it's our duty to give positive feedbacks in return. Although Assembly language itself is not so user-friendly, the experts here are very friendly. 

Regards,
Guidry
Posted on 2006-11-09 01:20:10 by guidry