Hi Guys

I remember seeing on the board an old app that displays a text scroling vertically on a static control, and also another one that simulated the effect of the starwars presentatinos.

Does anyone have something like this, or knows a way to do it - without flickering - ?

I searched all over the board and coudlnŽt find it anymore. Also i tried google it, but nothing.

Best Regards,
Guga
Posted on 2006-07-14 14:48:32 by Beyond2000!
Hi Guga,

I haven't seen the application or the example but I imagine you can subclass the static control and double buffer the WM_PAINT message. A simple timer (WM_TIMER) could be used to scroll the text. Shouldn't flicker too much.

Edgar
Posted on 2006-07-14 15:44:11 by donkey
Hi Edgar, tks :)

Yeah, i was thinking on a subclassed static control, but, iŽm unsure about the flickering.

I was thinking in simulate this effect using a Edit Controls, instead a Static control. The edit control can have only the Equates ES_AUTOVSCROLL and ES_READONLY settled, to simulated a static control, and then with WM_TIMER i could make the text scrolls, i guess.

But the problem in both ways is make it scrolls untill it vanishes from the tp and reappear in the bottom of the control.

Maybe using the edit control is better to prevent flickering?  and avoid the usage of subclass it, but iŽm not sure how this can be done.

IŽm sure i had this file a long time ago, but i canŽt remember in which one of the CDS it is saved. (I have about 450 CDs.. searching one by one wonŽt be too pleasant, hehehe.

IŽll continue to search on the web to see if i can find it. Othewise iŽll give a try in both methods (The subclassed and on the edit control) to see if i can do it.

P.S.: How are u ? Any news from your GoAsm files ?

Best Regards,

Guga
Posted on 2006-07-14 16:15:21 by Beyond2000!

Yeah, i was thinking on a subclassed static control, but, iŽm unsure about the flickering.

If I were you, I will just use "GDI+". It fix all flickering problem for you...
Posted on 2006-07-14 16:54:05 by Dite

Hi Guys

I remember seeing on the board an old app that displays a text scroling vertically on a static control, and also another one that simulated the effect of the starwars presentatinos.

Does anyone have something like this, or knows a way to do it - without flickering - ?

I searched all over the board and coudlnŽt find it anymore. Also i tried google it, but nothing.

Best Regards,
Guga

Furious Logic wrote a horizontal text scroller for my HIDE package using 2 static controls and a thread instead of a timer.  There was no detectable flicker, but that could be because I'm on a fast machine.
The math for a vertical scroller would of course be different and the code is in HLA, but let me know if your interested and I'll upload it.

Posted on 2006-07-16 12:45:50 by Kain
Tks Kain

But, iŽll gonna try first the BCX way.

They create an image from the loaded text with CreateCompatibleBitmap.

DonŽt know if this is the proper way, but it is similar to what Comrade done once, but without flickering.

Also, i found some in C that displays the verticall scrolling. IŽll take a look at them later to se how to port.

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/staticctrl/scrollingtext/article.php/c5809
http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/CTextScroller.asp

Best Regards,
Guga
Posted on 2006-07-18 22:12:18 by Beyond2000!
Ok, got it working horizontally, no flickering at all.

IŽll try to make it work inside a static control also without flickering, and later will make the tests for the vertical scrolling.

So far there was no detectable flickerings.

Best Regards,

Guga
Posted on 2006-07-19 15:47:29 by Beyond2000!