waterparticles, just gravity and friction, but how will they realisticilly be initialized ala a shell from a battleship has missed target and a pillar of water is seen on impact?
Posted on 2006-07-25 12:39:19 by daydreamer
simplified, if I use y=x^2 parabolic clipped, it must be rather computationalfriendly x*x
?
Posted on 2006-07-25 22:53:10 by daydreamer
Look into some of the formulae used to produce 'ripple effects', and exaggerate the Y component.
You are indeed on the right track.
Posted on 2006-07-26 02:17:14 by Homer
I have some problem with libraries gets too much included, but anyway I share my UVcoordinate-animation, changed to use a .dds with alphachannel as background, and smaller water .jpg so it doesnt look so good as max resolution from my camera 2048x1536, the original texture, contained in a .dds with many levels mipmap, which I think I should base a sea made outta trianglestrips, here I share my earlier working example of a waterfall from a single trianglestrip, got to tinker to get flow right, later example animates a whole sea, but havent got right flow, it flows in all directions

fodder, I removed textures due to size, updated with something new, but buggy mousecontrolled UVanimated area, zoom with buttons and move around with mouse

Attachments:
Posted on 2006-07-27 13:15:59 by daydreamer
Looks pretty weird here - is that how it's supposed to be?
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-07-27 13:19:10 by f0dder
this was before stripping it of 5mb water.dds and before a bug causes meshes to be trashed, after adding some code
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-07-30 11:40:30 by daydreamer