I believe that the internet already slows down productivity more than it actually helps and then we get Google Videos which is an even better time killer. I wonder in what way this slows down work related activities.

I have to control myself very hard to not sit at work for hours watching nonsense like Microsoft Windows 1.0 or interesting stuff like How the Hoover Dam was built. Or for the french speaking bunch over here :Les Inconnus en Spectacle

As I'm the Bad Boy at work, who decides what goes on the Black List and what not it's like punishing myself when I block access to it :-/ But I guess people have to get protected from themselves, not?
Posted on 2006-08-05 10:54:00 by JimmyClif
YouTube can add to that productivity carnage.
Posted on 2006-08-05 11:30:57 by SpooK

I have to control myself very hard to not sit at work for hours watching ...

Huh. Most people deliberately always try to waste as much time as they can during the work hours  :P

Google videos is a great concept btw, except one thing; why the hell did they choose this proprietary video format??! At least they could leave some option to download the videos to a local disk without the need of installing their player software.

Posted on 2006-08-05 11:34:54 by arafel
Bush's "sunday bloody sunday"... find that on googlevid or youtube or whatever :)
Posted on 2006-08-05 17:09:20 by f0dder
I don't watch YouTube more than 15 minutes per day, and I don't watch google video. Instead, I'm hooked up on ppv internet tv and on digital cable-tv (the latter just for Discovery and Discovery Science ^^).
Yet, since I don't work on a roster, or or any fixed hours - I usually finish up my work later in the same day.
Posted on 2006-08-06 04:43:12 by Ultrano