hi
how can i copy my data into running windows application(exe)
Posted on 2006-08-09 11:27:43 by sihotaamarpal
why do u wanna do that??
Posted on 2006-08-09 11:57:01 by lone_samurai5

hi
how can i copy my data into running windows application(exe)

Use the Force, Luke.
Posted on 2006-08-09 12:00:30 by arafel
take a look at this page on msdn:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/process_functions_for_debugging.asp
Posted on 2006-08-23 16:43:40 by lordKawaru
a couple of Api's worth noting are

GetWindowThreadProccessId
ReadProccessMemory
WriteProccessMemory

But considering the way you asked the question you will definetly need to be more specific because currently you sound like you up to 'naughties' .

Nobody here will help you with anything related to Virus/Crack coding or anything equally lame...........
Posted on 2006-08-23 16:53:26 by Nice Eddie
State more precisely WHAT you want to accomplish, and WHY. Otherwise this thread will be locked and dropped into the limbo of dead posts...
Posted on 2006-08-24 06:41:57 by f0dder
f0dder: why so fascist? afraid of people having knowledge?
Posted on 2006-09-24 05:17:15 by vid
vid: read the Community Rules.

I'm not afraid of people having knowledge, I'm afraid of the idiot fringe abusing that knowledge. And also, I wouldn't like the board to be shut down by the real fascists; the server is located in the USA. The FASM board might not have those concerns...

sihotaamarpal hasn't replied, I'm not going to comment on what that says about intensions, instead I'm just going to lock the topic.
Posted on 2006-09-24 05:48:47 by f0dder

f0dder: why so fascist? afraid of people having knowledge?

vid, I appreciate your concern... but I encourage you to read our Community Rules, in case you missed them prior to pressing the "I Agree" button of the registration form.

The rules clearly state what we do and do not accept in this Community. One of the things we do not accept is the attempt to compromise the authority of our Community Staff. Please be aware of this in the future.

To tell you the truth, the rules stem beyond just server location and obeying the law. They were developed to minimize the amount of trash we attract. Let's face it, subverisve topics tend to attract more script-kiddies than legitimate programmers. This place is called ASMCommunity, not V1RU5C0D0RZRU73Z!!1!11!!
Posted on 2006-09-24 06:02:07 by SpooK
vid, I appreciate your concern... but I encourage you to read our Community Rules, in case you missed them prior to pressing the "I Agree" button of the registration form.

you're right :-]
problem is there are too many boards, and you cannot quess that one is worth of reading rules, until you register and spend few words there. so i just always agree. of course i have read it now....

anyway, sorry, i didn't realize that this board is so "strictly" oriented, i was used to more undergroundy (free) feel of FASM board  ;)
Posted on 2006-09-24 18:09:12 by vid
No worries. Don't think that I am trying to single you out, I just tend to be very direct when it comes to the rules. I never was one to only say half of what I mean just to avoid confrontation.

As for the terminology... strict... paranoid... fascist... you can call it whatever you want. I call it the enforcement of acceptable and respectable standards ;)

All-in-all, your freedom of speech is not all that limited here. We just expect a certain level of responsibility to be exercised with that freedom... which is funny because those who do not exercise some form of responsibility/constraint are usually the first ones to complain about "free speech" :P

Basically, as long as you stay respectful (or at least avoid being disrespectful) to the Staff and other members (no petty fights), and you do not post illegal stuff... everything is good. The rest of the rules were written to help support those concepts because people always come back with the "you didn't say specific thing" clause... which gets tiresome very quickly. This also goes for why we ask people's intentions, instead of getting 20 posts into a thread only to realize we are promoting an illegal/malicious exploit or something to that effect.

These rules have worked well for us so far... and I hope they continue to serve us in the future :)
Posted on 2006-09-24 18:29:06 by SpooK
I think that the problem is more that the question was asked in such a general fashion. There are many many instances where the knowledge is not only useful but critical, for example in marshalling data, interfacing directly with the desktop etc... The issue most new(ish) users face is the proper way to phrase the question and f0dder was right in answering the way he did, explain your purpose and the answers will follow, remain silent and the topic is torched. It is very difficult for the moderators to read your mind and decide that what you are asking is benign and in all cases they must err on the side of caution. You can label this facist if you like but like most people I have spent the odd evening purging the results of this type of knowledge from my machine and have been more than a little p*ssed off that some "kiddie" with a little bit of hand-holding was able to bring down my PC. I prefer the "shoot first ask questions later" approach.

Donkey
Posted on 2006-09-24 20:30:20 by donkey
Donkey, bravo. Had a rootkit erase all three hard drives on my server machine about a year ago, presumably again it was some "kiddie", using batch files and whatnot is generally not the approach of a pro. Fortunately i was able to restore it completely with GetDataBack, but it was most inconvenient, and it took me a long time to discover that program. I find hacking to be one of the most detestable uses for a computer.
Posted on 2006-09-25 17:23:14 by Ehtyar
Point in case, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

As for this thread, f0dder may have forgotten to lock it after saying he would, so I will do so now.

Topic locked.
Posted on 2006-09-25 18:50:39 by SpooK