Whats new:

o It is now possible to create a new project even if the folder already exists.
  This is useful when creating a RadASM project from existing sources.
  - Warning that the folder exists.
  - Warning if files are about to be overwritten.
o The 'New Project Wizard' now has an Import button. It lets you import files to
  the project. Useful when creating a new project from existing sources.
o Font options dialog now shows font name.
o Set focus to project explorer and Ctrl+E will expand / collapse project groups.
  Useful with huge projects.
o Improved project loading time.
o Fixed a paint problem in RAEdit when a non fixed font was used.
o Fixed a bug where closing all files would leave the 'File Change Notify' thread
  running and the next file opened would create a new thread.
o RAEdit now does a garbage collection each time memory is expanded.
o Fixed a bug where adding an existing code file to project did not auto refresh properties.
o Added ResourceID addin. Activate it with addinmanager.
  - This addin auto exports resource id's to the file rsrc.xxx when any of the
  - resource scripts are updated. At the same time code properties are refreshed.
  - This means that code complete on resource id's will work immediatly after any
  - resource script is saved.
  - The export is done ONLY if the rsrc.xxx file exists in the projects root folder.

- rsrc.xxx:
  - ------------------------
  - Assembly rsrc.inc
  - Hla rsrc.hhf
  - C/C++ rsrc.h
  - bcet, fb rsrc.bi
o Added option to minimize RadASM on run. RadASM will stay minimized while program is running.
  - You can also use this to kill a program that hangs by restoring RadASM and press Esc.
o Project options now has Path and Main Files buttons. Purpose is to have the info at hand
  while setting up project build options.
o On build errors RadASM will jump to first error.
o New 'Project Wizard' that also works on Win95b (does not use property sheets).
o Fixed bugs in RadToolbar addin (crash on Win95b).

Get it here: http://www.radasm.com/Upload/RadASM2210.zip

KetilO
Posted on 2006-08-21 03:39:17 by KetilO
Hi all

There has been a few reports on stability problems when opening a project and when copying / paste text.

I have created a RadASM tester to test these things.
Test 1 will open the four projects on the mru list in turn a total of 1000 times.
Test 2 will cut 100 lines from the top and paste them at the end. Repeated 1000 times.

NOTE:
The included program must be modified to suit your configuration and processor speed.

With RadASM 2.2.1.0 I have run these tests several times without any crashes.

Let me know the result, also if you dont have any crashes.

KetilO
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-08-21 04:13:26 by KetilO
Test 1 works. No problems.

Test 2 - Appears to be doing the same thing as Test 1... I don't see no copy pasting going on. Only a loop of the 4 mru projects.
Posted on 2006-08-21 06:05:22 by JimmyClif
Hi Jimmy

To run Test 2 you must first copy the keyboard macro, Macro13.kbm, to C:\RadASM\masm\Macro
Then use Macro / Manage and add it. Make this macro the first entry in the list.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-08-21 09:14:14 by KetilO
Test 2. No problems per se. During loop RadAsm memory usage went up to 16MB from initial 8MB. (and as long as that file is open is stays on 16MB as far as I can tell)
Posted on 2006-08-21 11:33:45 by JimmyClif
Thats within expected growth due to unlimitted undo.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-08-21 14:10:13 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload:

o Fixed a bug where adding an existing code file to project did not auto refresh properties.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-08-23 04:27:45 by KetilO
Hey KetilO,

I dont have a bug report, but more of a minor suggestion.  Definitely not a priority....  Anyways, I would love to see a 'help' button to popup a dialog, explaining the current values as for $E / $B / $I as well as the numeric equates that the "Project Options" uses to define how to build any given project.

I know this can be found in the selected *.ini file, but its a bit of a pain to go dig up this file with notepad when I'm tweeking the build settings.

Anywho, keep up the good work!
Regards,
:NaN:
Posted on 2006-09-02 22:13:34 by NaN
Sorry to bug you again, but another suggestion would be:

Its really nice to see RadASM minimize when I'm testing a build.  It would be just as nice if it could watch the running instance that it just launched and maximize when it is closed.  I'm program on a laptop with a touch pad.  It's not as rapid as you might think pushing the mouse to the taskbar and back after each test/build. 

Again, its just a suggestion.  If you can work this fix in your next release I personally would love it.
Regards,
Posted on 2006-09-02 23:22:20 by NaN
Hey KetilO,

Mee too, I have a suggestion. If the WS_POPUP style is selected in a dialog, could you wipe the contents of the Caption Field so that upon compiling it doesn't show a Titlebar? Again, I created that style and scratched my head for more than a few minutes until I remembered why in the world it was fine in the IDE but had a Titlebar in the assembled program. :)

Also, would it be possible when I click the DoAll Button and it compiles and shows my app, that it checks if the app is already running and closes it so that I don't get a "Could not delete the file xyz.exe" error?

Cheers,
Jimmy
Posted on 2006-09-02 23:27:09 by JimmyClif
Hi KetilO,

I have a request :), there was a thread by bszente about adding option
to go to the first error (Shift+F3), i forgot to reply to that thread.
if it isnt a problem i would too like to see that too
checkbox under Compiler error handling <go to first error>
action: simulate Shift+F3, go to first error

its because usually fixing the first error fixes other few...

Regards,
drizz

Posted on 2006-09-03 12:26:09 by drizz
Bug report was emailed.
I've downgraded back to 2.2.0.9 until further notice.
Posted on 2006-09-04 03:20:08 by Homer

Hey KetilO,

I dont have a bug report, but more of a minor suggestion.  Definitely not a priority....  Anyways, I would love to see a 'help' button to popup a dialog, explaining the current values as for $E / $B / $I as well as the numeric equates that the "Project Options" uses to define how to build any given project.

I know this can be found in the selected *.ini file, but its a bit of a pain to go dig up this file with notepad when I'm tweeking the build settings.

Anywho, keep up the good work!
Regards,

Added Paths and Main Files buttons to Project Options dialog.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:48:24 by KetilO

Sorry to bug you again, but another suggestion would be:

Its really nice to see RadASM minimize when I'm testing a build.  It would be just as nice if it could watch the running instance that it just launched and maximize when it is closed.  I'm program on a laptop with a touch pad.  It's not as rapid as you might think pushing the mouse to the taskbar and back after each test/build. 

Again, its just a suggestion.  If you can work this fix in your next release I personally would love it.
Regards,

Done.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:49:09 by KetilO

Hey KetilO,

Mee too, I have a suggestion. If the WS_POPUP style is selected in a dialog, could you wipe the contents of the Caption Field so that upon compiling it doesn't show a Titlebar? Again, I created that style and scratched my head for more than a few minutes until I remembered why in the world it was fine in the IDE but had a Titlebar in the assembled program. :)

Also, would it be possible when I click the DoAll Button and it compiles and shows my app, that it checks if the app is already running and closes it so that I don't get a "Could not delete the file xyz.exe" error?

Cheers,
Jimmy

WS_POPUP: Will have a look at it.

Using 'Minimize & Wait on Run' should eliminate the problem.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:51:55 by KetilO

Hi KetilO,

I have a request :), there was a thread by bszente about adding option
to go to the first error (Shift+F3), i forgot to reply to that thread.
if it isnt a problem i would too like to see that too
checkbox under Compiler error handling <go to first error>
action: simulate Shift+F3, go to first error

its because usually fixing the first error fixes other few...

Regards,
drizz

Done, but no option.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:53:10 by KetilO

Bug report was emailed.
I've downgraded back to 2.2.0.9 until further notice.

Still waiting for that e-mail

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:54:18 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload:

o Added ResourceID addin. Activate it with addinmanager.
  - This addin auto exports resource id's to the file rsrc.inc when any of the
  - resource scripts are updated. At the same time code properties are refreshed.
  - This means that code complete on resource id's will work immediatly after any
  - resource script is saved.
  - The export is done ONLY if the rsrc.xxx file exists in the projects root folder.

- rsrc.xxx:
  - ------------------------
  - Assembly rsrc.inc
  - Hla rsrc.hhf
  - C/C++ rsrc.h
  - bcet, fb rsrc.bi
o Added option to minimize RadASM on run. RadASM will stay minimized while program is running.
  - You can also use this to kill a program that hangs by restoring RadASM and press Esc.
o Project options now has a Path and Main Files buttons. Purpose is to have the info at hand
  while setting up project build options.
o On build errors RadASM will jump to first error.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-09-04 16:57:31 by KetilO
Just to update you on the 'fixed-pitch' font fix
It seems to be working perfectly well and i've
encountered no problems with it at all. :)

(I threw about 20 random fonts at it including by beloved Veranda :lol: )

Thanks for the update Ketilo
Posted on 2006-09-04 17:23:39 by Nice Eddie
Hey KetilO,

Thanks for adding my suggestions.  Things look good however, for some reason, If i use the BUILD ALL button to build and run a project, RadASM will 'blip' back and then minimize once over when the program exits.

Alternately, if i use the GO button (without a build) it works perfectly (restoring RadAsm when the program exits).

Is the the designed intent? Or some sorta complication from the build exe's?

Regards,
Posted on 2006-09-09 16:38:04 by NaN