Hello,

I have some problems with combo and groupboxes:

I created a combobox on the window with a resource file and added a few items in it. But when i click on the combo, it is not opening its item list.

My second problem is: When i disable a groupbox while run-time, the controls in it arent getting disabled.

How can i solve these problems?
Thanks in advance.
Posted on 2006-09-11 12:32:13 by hakand
1) The height of your combobox is to small, increase it to the size of how far you want the menu to drop down.

2) I don't know if that is supposed to happen. I always disable every control one by one. Is it documented somewhere that this is possible?
Posted on 2006-09-11 13:54:09 by JimmyClif
To hakand,
What you are trying is true in VB, where some controls sit "on top" of the group box.  :D :D

Here you have to disable all the controls yourself!!!

HTH,
Shantanu
Posted on 2006-09-11 15:17:56 by shantanu_gadgil
Obviously, the ComboBox is a Child of the main Application window... but is this also true of the controls WITHIN that ComboBox?
They should be children of the ComboBox, NOT the main App window, if you wish them to be enabled/hidden as a Group.
Posted on 2006-09-12 00:37:09 by Homer
Hi Homer,
I think hakand is asking about the following scenario:
There is a group box and some control "inside" this groupbox. If you remember (in VB) we plop a group box and then put controls "inside" this group box and then we can move this groupbox around and the child controls would move too.

I think he is referring to a situation like above (from VB), but while using a resource editor etc, we can't do that, as everything is child of the dialog itself!!!

I think that is what he means when he says
When i disable a groupbox while run-time, the controls in it arent getting disabled.

Cheers,
Shantanu
Posted on 2006-09-12 06:58:50 by shantanu_gadgil
Thank you for making my point more lucid  8)
Posted on 2006-09-12 08:19:55 by Homer
Hi hakand,

Try to use the Easy Code IDE in visual mode (http://easycoder.org/English/Download/EasyCode.zip) which take care of this work, like VB, but programming in assembly.

Regards.
Posted on 2006-09-12 12:54:28 by rsala
Thank you all.

And JimmyClif, I increased the height of combobox and it worked. Thanks.
Posted on 2006-09-21 07:59:26 by hakand