I'd like to have someone speaking native english take a look at my home-brewed translation here: http://us.fontviewer.de/index.html. Its only 5 pages with small text ..

In return I can offer some native german translation for your english site :D
Posted on 2006-11-30 11:46:50 by beaster
Congratulations on being mentioned in a magazine :)

I'm not a native english speaker either - I'd probably mess it up even more ;)
Posted on 2006-11-30 12:15:45 by JimmyClif
Hello,

I'll try my best though I must say my English isn't that good. I'm not a briton.  ;) PS: You should provide screenshots of the software to let your users know how your software look like before they download your software. I always take a look at the screenshots before I download anything.

It should be

Welcome to dp4 Font Viewer for Windows

Features:

* it displays all TrueType fonts found in any folder
    * it has its own TrueType render engine with 256 subpixel anti-alias
    * it does filtering according to font type / class / width / weight
    * choose between ASCII or glyph display; it is possible to enter your own text
    * it shows unicodes and keys
    * simple management functions - install, delete and display informations for fonts
    * it has a print function for single font and for complete font list
    * no installation required, very small program

Changes since version 1.7

* better print support
    * print options dialog page
    * fast high-resolution black / white print
    * Windows menu bar
    * minor bug fixes

How to get a license:

dp4 Font Viewer is freeware. You can download the full version for free. The program does not have functional limits or any nag messages.

If you like to support the further development of this freeware, your donation is highly appreciated:

The software has been recommended in one of the leading Austrian newspaper e-media in the July 2006 issue.
Posted on 2006-12-01 23:59:27 by roticv
thank you, I'll soon take over the corrections :)
Posted on 2006-12-06 06:57:14 by beaster
Do let me know if any other parts of your website require editing too. I'll be glad to help you out.
Posted on 2006-12-08 19:11:48 by roticv
You guys speak better english that wot I do....

I spotted one or two possible tweaks.

The software has been recommended in one of the leading Austrian newspaper e-media in the July 2006 issue.

change:
This software has been recommended in one of the leading Austrian newspapers, e-media, in the July 2006 issue.

and:
dp4 Font Viewer is freeware and you can download the full version for free without any limits or nag messages.

If you would like to support the further development of this freeware your donation is highly appreciated:

Posted on 2007-02-04 05:12:33 by eek
I think your English grammer is very good! 

In the very first line of you post:

I'd like to have...

"I'd" is a contraction of  "I would" . 

So along with the change suggested by eek I would also add the word "would" in front of the
sentences that begin with "like" on your contact page. 

I could only wish to do as well with German as you do with English!
Posted on 2007-02-04 14:19:42 by scurvydog