Hello all.

First of all thanks to KetilO for the amazing IDE.
I found some problems in the fasm config file. I sent mail directly to < radasmide at hotmail dooot com > ( which I think is KetilO ) 4 days ago but got no response.
Here is the original mail:

Hello KetilO.

Santa comes early this year with some problems in the fasm config file. In the latest ( Santa thinks )  RadASM assembly programming pack  (09-20-2006)(880K), the fasm.ini contains:

1. Struct=},struc $

This should be:

Struct=ends,struct $

because the fasm manual ( 1.66 ) gives this example of a structure:
struct POINT
x dd ?
y dd ?
ends

2. 5=struc $,},,,6

This should be:

5=struct $,ends,,,6

and 7=struc,{I}{S}{{C}{I}{T},{C}{I}{S}}{C}

should be:

7=struct,{T},{C}{I}ends{C}

3. 6=proc,{I}{T}begin{C}{I}{T},{C}{I}{T}return{C}{I}{T}endp{C}

This should be:

6=proc,{I}{T},{C}{I}{T}ret{C}{I}endp{C}

A procedure doesn't have a "begin", and "return" should be "ret".
Also these could be defined:
8=.while,{T},{C}{I}.endw
9=.repeat,{T},{C}{I}.until

4. 2=if,endif,elseif,else,0

This should be:

2=.if,.endif,.elseif,.else,0
Fasm has also the ones without a dot, but I have seen them only in macros, and "endif" is "end if", "elseif" is "else if" in macros.

Also it would be nice to add
7=.while,.endw,,,0
8=.repeat,.until,,,0

5. 1=if,{T},{C}{I}end if
2=else,{T},
3=else if,{T},

They are correct, in macros, but I think they should be:

1=.if,{T},{C}{I}.endif
2=.else,{T},
3=.elseif,{T},

Also it would be nice to have:
8=.while,{T},{C}{I}.endw
9=.repeat,{T},{C}{I}.until

The attached file contains the original fasm.ini with the above modifications.

Santa thanks you for the wonderful IDE and has 3 suggestions,and a question:

1. It would be nice if structure members were listed for a structure-in structure. ( confusing, isn't it ? )
Here is what I mean:
struct twopoints
p1 POINT ?
p2 POINT ?
endp

tp twopoints ?
mov tp.p1. <---- here dropdown with POINT members
Fasm allows this (tp.p1.x)

2.  Would be nice if the toolbar wasn't stored in the registry.

3. It would be nice if the List of procedures, structures, etc... in the "properties" window auto-refreshed itself when changing active files ( if it is set to display only selected project file ). Currently, the "Refresh" button has to be pressed after swiching files.

4. What is the license of RadASM? I see that many components and controls of RadASM are open-source, most of them created by you. Is RadASM entirely open-source?

Merry Christmas

About suggestion 3. If you modify a file and then change to another file, the list of procedures auto-updates itself, but if you now change to another file without editing the now active one, the list does not update itself. I swich between files like this to find which files contain certin procedures, structures... etc.

I've reattached the fasm.zip here.
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-12-20 13:59:31 by Bermel Michael
Hi Bermel Michael

Thanks for fasm.ini

I did get your mail but wanted to make the release of 2.2.1.1 before replying.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-12-21 06:44:35 by KetilO
Hello.

What about my question & suggestions? Do you think they could be included in later versions of RadASM?

Regards ,
Michael
Posted on 2006-12-21 12:46:27 by Bermel Michael
Hi

Here is the RadASM 2.2.1.1 bugtest.
o Added brace matching.
- In masm.ini section add: BraceMatch=({[,)}],\,
- In fasm.ini section add: BraceMatch=({[,)}],\
o Added collapse on comment blocks.
- In masm.ini section CodeBlocks add: 17=comment,,,,32
o Improved fasm code complete on structures.
o Changed behaviour on 'Topmost File property'

1. It would be nice if structure members were listed for a structure-in structure. ( confusing, isn't it ? )
Here is what I mean:
struct twopoints
p1 POINT ?
p2 POINT ?
endp

tp twopoints ?
mov tp.p1. <---- here dropdown with POINT members
Fasm allows this (tp.p1.x)

2.  Would be nice if the toolbar wasn't stored in the registry.

3. It would be nice if the List of procedures, structures, etc... in the "properties" window auto-refreshed itself when changing active files ( if it is set to display only selected project file ). Currently, the "Refresh" button has to be pressed after swiching files.

4. What is the license of RadASM? I see that many components and controls of RadASM are open-source, most of them created by you. Is RadASM entirely open-source?

1. Done
2. See options for the RadToolbar addin.
3. This behaviour is intentional and will not be changed. Use topmost file.
4. Sources for RadASM are not released. All other sources found on my website are open source.

KetilO
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-12-21 17:38:03 by KetilO
Hi KetilO

1. Font displayed incorrectly in bcc when just started a new project (font = EIIa?)

2. Any chance of addin a Lib template for bcc :) :)

Cheers,
Immortal_One
Posted on 2006-12-22 09:51:31 by Immortal_One
Hi KetilO.

Lots of thanks for the structure-in structure improvement. I'm looking forward to the new release.
I can't see any options that allow  choosing where the toolbar is stored. Looking at the source of RadToolbar it seems that it is not possible for it not to use the registry.
"Topmost File" has the same problem in 2.2.1.0. I see that in 2.2.1.1. the 'Topmost File property' has changed. Hope this fixes the problem.

Two more suggestions that I think would be very useful:

1. Avoid double brackets with 'Auto Brackets' on. Like this: If I have a var 'FileName', and type "" and then realize that it is wrong. Then I press backspace 2 times, so the text becomes "". So I have to go back and erase one of the brackets. I can't think of a case in which two brackets ( "[]" ) would be needed.

2. Easily switch between Grid snap on/off. Like a toolbar button, option in drop-down menu, etc...

And a Question: Any way that on F1 MSDN would open with the selected word, instead of win32.hlp?
Posted on 2006-12-26 06:15:13 by Bermel Michael
Hi Immortal_One

The tlib.exe in bcc55 is 16 bit code so it needs to be run as this:

Link: 9,O,CMD /C $B\TLIB.EXE "$9" /a"$3"

Included is a test project that creates a lib file.

KetilO
Attachments:
Posted on 2006-12-26 14:08:26 by KetilO
Hi Bermel Michael

I can't see any options that allow  choosing where the toolbar is stored. Looking at the source of RadToolbar it seems that it is not possible for it not to use the registry.

Only option is to turn customizing off.

1,2 Good ideas.

And a Question: Any way that on F1 MSDN would open with the selected word, instead of win32.hlp?

The RadHelp addin can do that. See help file for the addin and search the board to find out how.

KetilO
Posted on 2006-12-26 14:17:43 by KetilO
@KetilO

Cheers,
Immortal_One
Posted on 2006-12-27 03:52:04 by Immortal_One