can someone give me a hint how to start program as taskbar icon near time and speaker icon
and on mouse click on program icon in task bar to open a menu with options

somthing like ICQ, and when u right click on its icon in taskbar u have menu
Posted on 2001-12-26 16:13:30 by Mikky
This should be exactly what you're looking for :

Iczelion's Tut N# 23
Posted on 2001-12-26 16:22:11 by JimmyClif
oh how silly of me, didn't remember to check icz tutz :)
thanks!
Posted on 2001-12-26 17:37:09 by Mikky
I found a VERY nice free prog that you can set progs to show in the context menu, simple, and direct, like Ollydbg, if it will read the command line. I just DLed the latest version, very nice new features. A disassembler for Win32, AND a debugger as well. I rate it about as good as windasm, and better in certain functions.

Check this one out, he does require a reg, but free, reg is to track feedback, and suggestions. 4 E-mails a year. not bad, also Hackman is a Wonderful Prog, though he is doing begware for a reg, but Believe me, if I had the money, I would send him $100 to him so he can improve the prog. hackman is a Great effort, and now has a bata debugger plugin. Hex editor, disassembler, and a debugger! Almost forgot the DIZ ED, script ED, Plugin SDK, to name just a few features. This Prog deserves The effort that produced Linux. One question I have always wondered about, how can a group of independent hobby hackers produce such a strong and tight OS, while a Billion doller company with resources at the snap of a finger, NOT produce a stable product. I really wish they would open source windows, imagine how quickly it would improve, if so many dedicated people all had input and suggestions. Imagine for a moment, Windows, done completly in Assembler, They produced a window interface for linux. Even with a little C++ mixed in, still, NO BLOAT Use C++ like a lot of them use Assembler inline in C++, and a short front end for assembler code. I know its a bit more complicated than that, but what a screaming sys you could produce. I know sacreligious, C++ and Assembler in the same prog, but C++ programmers use ASSEMBLER when C++ can't hack it, so why not use C++ as an ADDON, for drudge, and Maybe, Opptimise the code after it is compiled with C++, take out the slow bloat code. I see it like this, C++ is the prototype, then when it works, do it in assembler following the MACHINE code in the compiled prog as an example of what NOT to do. Also check out FASM, from one of our own on here, I dled it, and Really like what I see so far. I am doing a Beta on it, gonna stress it to the max, hit EVERY function for bugs, and send the bugs back E-mail. Yeh, do an disassembly to maby spot the prob, and send my observations also.
Worth a shot.

My two cents of rant for today...

Anunitu

P.S. Will try to find the URLS for both Hackman, and OLLYDBG, or just search. Thats How I find things. Fraiva did a nice thing on searching on his site, though I heard he stopped updating the site. Glad the Mirrors remain.

One last thing I forgot to mention was the name of the context menu prog. It is fast explorer, clocks at about 1.05 Megs UNZIPPED, so not a bad DL,

http://members.nbci.com/sergekol/downloads/fe/

Prog is done by Alex Yakovlev
Posted on 2001-12-28 09:58:23 by Anunitu

how can a group of independent hobby hackers produce such a strong and tight OS,
while a Billion doller company with resources at the snap of a finger, NOT produce
a stable product.

Heh, linux... monolithic kernel, hanging on to old design principles as if it's
"The Only Truth", with drivers that are sometimes very, ahem, flaky. As soon as
you install XFree86, stability isn't really much better than a win9x. And you
have to enter funny monitor information yourself... haven't these guys heard of
plug&play monitors? But if you need a server it's okay. It requires less resources
and is more flexible.

And as for M$ not being able to write a stable OS... look at NT4 or Win2k.
Win9x is a Toy OS, don't forget that. Stability is not necessary with 9x.
9x is a piece of shit. A pile of dung.

I really wish they would open source windows, imagine how quickly it would improve,
if so many dedicated people all had input and suggestions.

Imagine how the quality would drop (not an issue for 9x, but certainly is for 2k)
with a lot of clueless people thinking they could improve stuff, without really
understanding what is going on. Nah, better keep windows closed source. At least
we know who to blame when it crashes (on win2k, almost always driver developers
from shitty companies like Creative).

Imagine for a moment, Windows, done completly in Assembler, They produced a window
interface for linux.

Imagine even more crashes. Developers who can't keep track of source that is arleady
quite large. Speed drops because hand-optimizing everything would be an overwhelming
task, and the not-hand-optimized asm code being inferior compared to the compiler output.
And a windows interface for linux? You can already have that with the right window
manager. I prefer the Real Thing though. At least my Geforce2 feels like a Geforce2
and not a s3/virge.

The problems with the NT based windows is not in the kernel, but in the rest of the
stuff. The kernel, even if it's huge and sorta monolithic, is a very good piece of code.
Even kernel32 and user32 are okay. The problems with windows is explorer and all the
internet explorer integration, the way idiots abuse the registry, the overuse of COM,
idiots statically linking MFC or VCL, and people who "Just needs it done" instead of
caring about their code (and no, "caring about your code" doesn't necessarily mean
100% asm).
Posted on 2001-12-28 13:15:10 by f0dder
F0dder,
I beg to differ. Keeping haywire software and insane drivers from knocking down the whole house of cards is an OS's job. They never would have invented NT if we didn't need better memory management a more robust file system and smarter scheduling, and while I agree that NT is a lot closer than 9x it is still not close to perfect. I guess my point is that it is windows job to prevent people from abusing COM, misusing the registry, and generally trashing the OS. The OS was built to run software. It shouldn't be the other way around.
Just my 2 cents worth.
:)
Posted on 2001-12-28 14:40:40 by emonk