I would like to investigate more about the information being passed through uMsg, wParam, and lParam to better understand the low-order / high-order information contained within them.

How can I MessageBox (output) uMsg, wParam and lParam to see their respective 32-bit values?
Posted on 2007-01-05 08:38:19 by tornado
Use the vkdebug macros. Check if you have the debug.inc and debug.lib inside your include & lib folders. (If not install vkdebug from the vkdebug directory inside the masm folder). Include those to files in your program and use it as follows:

PrintDec lParam
PrintHex wParam
PrintDec uMsg

Check the helpfile for more useful features.
Posted on 2007-01-05 08:43:27 by JimmyClif
You won't learn much from merely debugging those params I'm afraid - most of the values involved are a bunch of constants (defined in windows.inc) - you'd be better off looking first at the uMsg value, and then looking up the corresponding WM (eg using the api reference helpfile, or msdn, etc) - and using the knowledge gained to decypher the other params:)
Posted on 2007-01-05 08:58:54 by Homer
MessageBox'ing the values would be a bad choise anyway - you'd be flooded by them.

You could use OutputDebugString and sysinternal's dbgview, but the view would still be flooded (not in such a bad way as MsgBox though :) ), and homer's comments still apply.
Posted on 2007-01-05 11:12:34 by f0dder