Sorry about the post if it's been done a lot. I have an chance to move to a assembly programing job at work if I can learn assembly. I will also have time at work to learn and play around with it, and a little help from another guy there that knows it, but I don't know how much he know and how good he can explain it to me. They told me to go buy a book and they repay me for it. So here's the million dollar question. What is the best book to get and what are the best ways to learn it? Like is there programs (like learnkey) you can get that with help you learn it or anything like that? I mainly know computer networking things, and things like server. I know a little bit of c++ but I'm far from being an expert or anything like that. So any suggestions on what to do? Thank you very much for any help you give.
Posted on 2007-01-06 17:01:07 by Mike001122
1. Get MASM. IMHO TASM is better, but MASM is better supported.
2. Read Iczelion Tutorials.
3. Read "Art of Assembly" (or something like that - don't know if that's exactly the title)
4. Read Agner Fog's optimization tutorials
5. Read this forum and use the search function ^^
Posted on 2007-01-06 18:44:58 by ti_mo_n

3. Read "Art of Assembly" (or something like that - don't know if that's exactly the title)

The full title is "The Art of the Assembly Language" by Randall Hyde.

Everything else is dead on and exactly how I began learning. This forum is one of the greatest communities that I have joined, with its incredibly bright and helpful users and staff, vast array of topics, and x86ASM Book, it is a very simple task to learn.
Posted on 2007-01-06 20:45:35 by NegativeNull