I made a mod for SMF that allows you to view the ASM Wiki Book through these forums. It is much faster and more secure than the previous "MediaWiki" software. The old "/wiki/" site and related software have been removed. The link on front page of ASM Community has been updated to reflect this change.

New Wiki Link
-----> http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?action=wiki <-----

The integrated version should look and function practically the same, the only major difference is that it is "themed" by the forum software. Whatever forum theme you are using is applied to the Wiki.

PLEASE NOTE

• Only the Community Staff is allowed to edit pages for the time being, we will notify members of this community as to when you can submit information to the wiki.

• I will be actively working on the Wiki mod, so please expect some downtime for maintenance.

• If you see/find anything that isn't working or doesn't look right in the Integrated Wiki, please reply to this post about it.

• Any other questions/comments/concerns??? Reply here, please :)

Posted on 2007-01-30 13:20:45 by SpooK
There should be MUCH more in  Introduction/understanding.  This is the most important point in learning ASM nowadays. You cannot really understand C or C++ without understanding ASM.
Posted on 2007-01-30 18:51:55 by vid

There should be MUCH more in  Introduction/understanding.  This is the most important point in learning ASM nowadays. You cannot really understand C or C++ without understanding ASM.

It seems that you are not familiar with the book. You should have seen it before. It has been started and stopped and revived more times than I care to count due to attacks, abandonment, etc... anyhow, we are currently revamping the contents as this version of the Wiki is here to stay.

I've already overhauled the "Main Page" to be more navigable. I have also designed the new "Registers" page, has a nice skeleton outline to it now :)

JimmyClif has been working hard to integrate Iczelion's Tutorials "Internationale" from the older format into the Wiki.

We still have much more to do, but as we now have a greater focus/goal... we finally have a solid direction to engage our collective efforts.

Lately, not many have been contributing to the book... we've had more spam-bots than anything... though that issue is now fixed... permanently.

That being said, the initial efforts will be completed by the Community Staff. Once we are done doing the initial revamps, tests, outlining, standardization, etc... we will let everyone know when it is good to start filling up the book ;)

Thanks for your interest, vid :D
Posted on 2007-01-30 19:29:10 by SpooK
There should definitely be these tree-like links, like "OS DEV :: Beginning :: Boot Process" (like the ones on the forum: "ASM community message board -> About ASMCommunity.net -> ASM Community Wiki Book Project -> Post reply ( Re: Integrated ASM Wiki Book )". Without these it's kinda difficult to navigate.
Posted on 2007-01-30 20:11:38 by ti_mo_n

There should definitely be these tree-like links, like "OS DEV :: Beginning :: Boot Process" (like the ones on the forum: "ASM community message board -> About ASMCommunity.net -> ASM Community Wiki Book Project -> Post reply ( Re: Integrated ASM Wiki Book )". Without these it's kinda difficult to navigate.

Don't worry. It is on my "todo list" (one of the last things left, actually). I've intended to implement a full "header" like MediaWiki had, but based on the forum/topic header format as you mentioned. I'll figure out something elegant, but not today... time for me to rest ;)
Posted on 2007-01-30 22:49:00 by SpooK
some links doesnt work
blast xmm regs aren't described at all in the "registers"
Posted on 2007-05-14 02:14:20 by daydreamer
daydreamer,

Please tell me which links don't work and I fix them asap.

Cheers,
Jimmy
Posted on 2007-05-14 06:58:46 by JimmyClif

PLEASE NOTE

• Only the Community Staff is allowed to edit pages for the time being, we will notify members of this community as to when you can submit information to the wiki.

Update:
See Wiki now open for editing...

Posted on 2007-08-20 19:09:54 by eet_1024