Hi all...
hi have a prob whith a .res file from radasm, i?m coding a litle app that generate the .XML, update the .rc and update the .res file from my projects in radasm to have the XP Style... everything go fine when create .xml and when update the .RC but when i try to modify the .res i have a compilation error...
i make some exp. and i see when you manually open the .res add a space to text, delete the space and save, the text look the same but when you compile radasm fail...
can someone hellp me??

Sorry about my english...
bye
5k3l3t0r
Posted on 2007-02-08 09:31:49 by 5k3l3t0r
Well, a res file has more than just what you see. Radasm does probably a good job kicking out the non displaying characters. If you modify something and then save Radasm probably doesn't save the "invalid" characters.

Either you use a hex editor to modify res files - and watch out with that as a res file has a _very_ strict format with forward and backward references all over the damn place... Or you modify the rc file directly which is what I would recommend.

Posted on 2007-02-08 11:20:58 by JimmyClif
hi jimmy, how are you? fine i hope...

i made some tryes and study the modifications, radasm make to .res before and after i add .XML(style manifest) as a resource, and then i modify it mannualy, my goal is when i click a button, my app create and modify the respective files and when you compile with radasm the app look like xp... the only file  can't update is the .res...
you sujest i quit or exist a solution?
Posted on 2007-02-08 11:38:54 by 5k3l3t0r
Radasm doesn't make any modifications to the res file. The res file is a compiled rc file. If you add an xml in Radasm then Radasm adds it to the rc file and when you compile it - it compiles the rc file into a res file. The res file then get's added to the executable by the linker.
Posted on 2007-02-08 12:32:27 by JimmyClif
ok jimmy, i will try in home...
tkx...
bye
5k3l3t0r
Posted on 2007-02-08 12:49:35 by 5k3l3t0r