I want to make a application like Kaspersky AV. I want to have one dialog and other dialogs embedded in it.I know it can be done with tab controls but I want to activate pages by some buttons etc.How can I achieve this? Any tips will be appreciated

Attachments:
Posted on 2007-02-20 23:53:03 by LaptoniC
Use the hWndParent in CreateDialogParam to create child-dialogs.
Posted on 2007-02-21 02:34:50 by Ultrano
Where those new child dialogs will appear? how to fix their places ? How to put boundaries for new child dialogs so they wont overflow the main dialog ?
Posted on 2007-02-21 02:42:28 by LaptoniC
Move and resize them ... with MoveWindow().
To not "overflow", make sure your dialogs cannot be resized by the user (as in the screenshot you attached)
Posted on 2007-02-21 14:11:19 by Ultrano
Believe it or not, when I did this demo I didn't think anyone would ever use it, but this is like the fifth time I've passed it off to someone. Anyways, this is my Shifting Menu Demo. It shows the use of multiple dialogs that can be switched between using the masm32 BmpButton controls. These controls could be custom hyperlink controls or whatever you like. As you can see, I just hide the unused dialogs when their not in use so I don't have to destroy/create them each time, and I use MoveWindow to Shift my buttons around my static control that holds the description of the current dialog. I hope it helps you out.

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2007-02-21 21:59:16 by Synfire
This is very close to what I want.I will study the source code.Thanks for the help. :D
Posted on 2007-02-21 23:46:48 by LaptoniC
you can do this by simulate the tab control component. :D
Posted on 2007-02-28 02:41:38 by lwyqh1