The files agner.hlp, Masm32.hlp, and Rc.hlp is missing. anyone that knows where i can find these files?
it would be great if anyone could help me. I'm just a newbie.  :|
Posted on 2007-03-02 22:15:39 by egan1
Probably from the MASM32 package - I would advise you to get Agner's documents from www.agner.org and stay away from the m32lib, though :)
Posted on 2007-03-03 03:15:55 by f0dder

Probably from the MASM32 package - I would advise you to get Agner's documents from www.agner.org

Agreed, as his website is probably more up-to-date than the "agner.hlp" being looked for.

and stay away from the m32lib, though :)

Explanations are always a good thing :)

The MASM32 Library (m32lib) is riddled with hacked-up code, requiring a user to understand the constraints of the library code prior to being able to use it unconditionally.

To contrast such a situation, a good library is one that has thorough error-checking/indications, is somewhat uniform and *doesn't* make any "dirty" or short-handed assumptions upon the user or the system. Most importantly, a good library is one that gives a program/user what they need without unnecessary/excessive constraints. Such an example is a properly written LIBC implementation. There are plenty more examples, but LIBC is an easy one to target due to its massive use.

Don't let this stop you from *using* the MASM32 Library, as there is plenty of code in there that does work if you know how to use it, but there are better examples of code that you can *learn* from.

Assembly language coders usually code for speed, but don't let this get in the way of learning how to properly program for a given architecture/system. A coder is not always programmer, as a programmer is something way more than a mere coder ;)
Posted on 2007-03-03 12:27:18 by SpooK