I don't know if anybody else has encountered this problem but this is truly one of those weird Windows problems. When I try to view a folder's properties dialog whether using the context menu or by pressing the ALT+ENTER key combination, it takes ~20 seconds for the window to pop up. Has anybody else seen this before? What am I supposed to do with this? :mad:
Posted on 2007-03-08 12:39:19 by XCHG
reinstall windows :DDD
Posted on 2007-03-08 12:41:58 by vid
I would if I could but the thing is that I have over 20 gigabytes of software that I have to reinstall which would take over 2 days for me and I can't afford that. I can't sit here and install MSDN all day. The CD's are all scratched and they might not install at all  :shock: My LAN connections, Routing tables and stuff will take a lot of time to configure again and YES I still am using static route tables
Posted on 2007-03-08 12:45:07 by XCHG
I had that once and it was related to invalid entries in the context menu. I don't remember exactly what I did but I hope that clue will help you somewhat.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
Posted on 2007-03-08 13:10:28 by JimmyClif
JimmyClif,

You saved the day woohoo. It was IIS's property sheet that was causing the stall. Here is the screen shot of the item that I disabled in shellexview which was available for download in the page you pointed me to. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Attachments:
Posted on 2007-03-08 15:27:14 by XCHG
You're welcome. Glad it could be fixed :)
Posted on 2007-03-09 12:46:20 by JimmyClif