Brief Description
Download the full version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04d26402-3199-48a3-afa2-2dc0b40a73b6&displaylang=en
Posted on 2007-03-13 16:27:36 by Vortex

Brief Description
Download the full version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04d26402-3199-48a3-afa2-2dc0b40a73b6&displaylang=en

Had it for a week now, seems about the same so far :)
Posted on 2007-03-13 21:31:40 by SpooK

Had it for a week now, seems about the same so far :)

I found a difference (at least in the beta version): they made it deliberately uncompatible with Windows2000 (why??!?), illuding themselves that people like me will buy XP (or even worse, Beastia) to "upgrade" their systems (and, while they're at it, also reinstall all apps and reconfigure them from scratch). Bleah.

Whenever I see a program that asks me to "upgrade" my Win2K box to XP I simply think it's a lame program (Audition 2.0 anyone, how do they justify that from 1.5 to 2.0 Win2K is not capable anymore to run it?).

Anyway..

There are worse companies than Microsoft, for example PayPal..

But that would be for another thread.

Posted on 2007-03-14 08:59:44 by Maverick
Oh, I'd like to hear the paypal rant.. I like to hear ranting in general. :)
Posted on 2007-03-14 09:48:10 by JimmyClif

Oh, I'd like to hear the paypal rant.. I like to hear ranting in general. :)

I'm taking them to court, please, do not make me think about it otherwise I may get a heartattack. I am trying to relax now, after one month of hell.

Maybe later I will find the will to write about my experience, anyway for now you can read thousands others' horror stories about PayPal:

first of all, an ex employee who left PayPal totally disgusted:
www.nopaypal.com/PayPalFormerEmployee2.shtml

an ex manager:
www.nopaypal.com/PayPalFormerEmployee1.shtml

and, about us users, these sites (and expecially all the messages in the forums, etc..):
www.nopaypal.com
www.paypalsucks.org

Important Disclaimer: I already KNEW, at least in part, of those stories, but like an idiot I thought "it will never happened to me.. maybe they were all honest users ripped off, but probably they didn't do something right, giving an excuse, etc.. and a big corporation like PayPal cannot get into each case, so maybe PayPal are assholes but still not criminals* anyway". However, what happened to me convinced me that all that you read in the above sites is absolutely true, even the tiny details of how they answer you, what they say, etc.. correspond perfectly, and if you read the first link, an ex-employee explains it also from the inside.

*by the way, as far as I know the founder of PayPal is in jail now :D (for other reasons, i.e. he doesn't own PayPal anymore, but still he's in jail for thief: bad habits are hard to lose!)

Anyway, I'm taking them to court, and have also already sent all documentation to the Italian TVs (there are two important "shows" which talk just about bad companies ripping off honest consumers/users).

The accuse in my denounce is penal, not administrative (sorry, English is not my native tongue. What I mean is that it's not about paying a fine, but going to jail. Of course corporations don't go to jail.. but some really should).
Posted on 2007-03-15 03:06:50 by Maverick
Hm, VPC2007 *requires* XP? Wouldn't be surprised if it's something patchable, like the Age Of Empires or whatever game. Pretty lame if it's one of those artificial restrictions.

Then again, XP isn't all that bad if you nLite it, so you might just want to go with the flow :) (Vissssduh seems to be a different story, though >_<).
Posted on 2007-03-15 03:45:57 by f0dder
Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1

This update for Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 includes support for the following additional Host and Guest Operating Systems:

Additonal Guest Operating System support:
Windows VistaŽ Ultimate Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows VistaŽ Business Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows VistaŽ Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows ServerŽ 2008 Standard
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

Additional Host Operating System support:
Windows VistaŽ Ultimate Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows VistaŽ Business Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows VistaŽ Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28c97d22-6eb8-4a09-a7f7-f6c7a1f000b5&DisplayLang=en
Posted on 2008-05-19 05:10:45 by Vortex