hey guys,

I have a problem with avi files on my pc, whenever I play them and start a game it gets stuck once it finishes, doesn't move onto the next file in the playlist.. I have to alt+tab once for it to continue with the next song..  with wmv files I lose audio when I start a game, happens in media player and media player classic.. :( any of you know some kinda work around for this problem? cos its kinda annoying alt+tabbing every 5 mins or so..
Posted on 2007-07-05 04:57:47 by lone_samurai5
Try to find and set an output-format, that your videocard doesn't accelerate. Overlays and VMR-9 are 'accelerated'.
Anyway, playing videos and playing a game are incompatible tasks unless the video-output is independent from the videocard (using DIBs is the only way).

You could make your own AVI-playing app (but not wmv), that uses AVIFileXXX/AVIStreamXXX and decodes the audio into PCM. The laziest and sure way to avoid the problem is by simply ripping the audio from your videos.
Posted on 2007-07-05 06:15:39 by Ultrano

The laziest and sure way to avoid the problem is by simply ripping the audio from your videos.

Thanks ultrano, thats pretty much what I was planning on doing .. :D the rest seem like too much work :P
Posted on 2007-07-05 16:37:26 by lone_samurai5