Anyone knows of an easy modem dialing library?

I basically need this library to find my modem, do whatever it needs to do to dial a specific phone number and play a wave file to the recipient.

I'm looking to create a kind of alarm for my pc to reach me if something goes wrong or call me at a certain time, etc..

Cheers,
Jimmy
Posted on 2007-07-19 06:50:21 by JimmyClif
Oh I wanted to say that I will be toying around later with the TAPI interface - I'm just wondering if I do need to re-invent the wheel or if I can save me some time so that I can play Tomb Raider : Anniversary instead.
Posted on 2007-07-19 07:11:33 by JimmyClif
I am on the case.
This is one of my current projects, to build a code-friendly tapi wrapper.

Have a nice day :)
Posted on 2007-08-08 04:18:59 by Homer
Hey that's good news... I haven't gotten around to start it yet :oops: but I will definitively use/debug and help wherever needed.
Posted on 2007-08-08 13:10:47 by JimmyClif
My framework is built as two OA32 objects wrapping calls to tapi 2.1
I decided I liked 2.1 more than 3.x because there is no COM junk to contend with, and the extra features introduced in 3.x (such as conference calls) I deemed as unnecessary since they rely on your telco providing such features, whereas everything in 2.1 is common to all telcos.
The two current objects represent a 'Line' (make/receive calls via voicemodem), and a 'Phone' (dealing with the Telephone Handset you plugged into your modem). Also, I have supported detecting the pressing of phone keys by the remote party, so we can respond to those. Note that I have concentrated on VOICE calls, I have not really worried about DATA calls although this can be done ... I do support multiple Lines but this makes some difficulty when we only have one SoundCard to r/w wave audio to multiple modems... at least the thought was there.
Although the framework is fairly complete, currently I have no voicemodem for testing / debugging the code !! If you would like to assist, let me know and I will post the project in its current state.
Posted on 2007-08-08 19:58:53 by Homer
Very impressive... Way more than I'd ever need :) I'm not very experienced with OA Code however and I assume my modem to be a voice modem - aren't they all? I surely give it a spin over the weekend if you want.

I have a spare modem here too (internal) from some leftover computers. Pm me your address and you'll get mail. :thumbsup:
Posted on 2007-08-10 08:55:56 by JimmyClif
And to think all I really wanted at the start was to check caller ids to stop telemarketers from bugging me at meal times :P

What I have in mind:
A) Associate images with the caller ids of friends/associates
B) Detect telemarketer calls via a database of caller ids
C) Provide my own RELIABLE, SECURE, UNLIMITED and FREE voicemail
D) Provide my own call redirection from my home to my workplace during business hours.
Nothing too complex.

When the OA32 objects are perfected, I can easily place them in a DLL with a mundane set of exported functions for general purposes.

My development box is in pieces as I cannibalize to build a new system, so I will post the code later today (as soon as I get that machine working and have some playtime with it).
I will pm you my mailing address now.

Have a nice day :)
Posted on 2007-08-10 21:30:18 by Homer