Symantec has ruined just about everything they've touched... pity. Are they still using an IE control for the Norton AV GUI? That's one of the stupidest design decisions I've ever seen :)
Posted on 2007-07-29 12:32:17 by f0dder
I don't ever call Symantec products by the "Norton" name. Back when it was "Norton" is when the products were great. Symantec went the typical mega-corporate route (i.e. more bloated and rent software instead of buying it) and that is what makes me discourage the installation of Symantec tools... not including the fact that I can uninstall Symantec products on new computers, replace it with Avast or the like, and notice an immediate improvement in start-up and execution time.
Posted on 2007-07-29 14:19:53 by SpooK
Problem is that there's both a "norton antivirus" and "symantec antivirus", and (last time I looked) the corporate symantec version was almost decent... but they've screwed the norton brand over, bigtime.
Posted on 2007-07-29 14:26:23 by f0dder

Problem is that there's both a "norton antivirus" and "symantec antivirus", and (last time I looked) the corporate symantec version was almost decent... but they've screwed the norton brand over, bigtime.

Bottom line, anything a company expects me to rent and/or pay subscriptions for sub-standard software... they can go shove it and I'll make sure everyone who depends on me for computer support doesn't get screwed either :)
Posted on 2007-07-29 14:50:26 by SpooK

Bottom line, anything a company expects me to rent and/or pay subscriptions for sub-standard software... they can go shove it and I'll make sure everyone who depends on me for computer support doesn't get screwed either :)

We share the same views!
Posted on 2007-07-29 15:43:27 by madprgmr

We share the same views!

Then, on average, you each only believe 50% of those views.

Posted on 2007-07-30 03:14:40 by Maverick