For all of those in "Code Warrior" group (i.e. members with 100+ posts) you now have the ability to edit the Wiki.

Have fun... but please exercise caution when editing things... the Community Rules still apply :)
Posted on 2007-07-25 21:17:26 by SpooK
To all volunteers: It would be great to log any changes someone does in the Recent Changes page so that other people can see that the Wiki is growing and/or see that articles need to be appended/corrected/proof read etc...
Posted on 2007-07-26 06:21:04 by JimmyClif

To all volunteers: It would be great to log any changes someone does in the Recent Changes page so that other people can see that the Wiki is growing and/or see that articles need to be appended/corrected/proof read etc...

On that note, I hope to get the equivalent of MediaWiki's "history" function working soon.
Posted on 2007-07-26 09:16:06 by SpooK
Great!

I'm not a bad writer, and I rarely make grammar mistakes, so I think I'll be posting alot. ;)

One of my thoughts when I registered was that I'd get my reading in the WIKI done by editing out all the mistakes, since right now I'm just learning and I can't really be relied on to put credible information in the WIKI. The least I could do is make it more readable for everyone else. :D

At any rate, once I feel credible enough with my knowledge I'll try to accelerate the growth of the WIKI.

- keantoken
Posted on 2007-07-28 05:49:19 by keantoken

Great!

I'm not a bad writer, and I rarely make grammar mistakes, so I think I'll be posting alot. ;)

One of my thoughts when I registered was that I'd get my reading in the WIKI done by editing out all the mistakes, since right now I'm just learning and I can't really be relied on to put credible information in the WIKI. The least I could do is make it more readable for everyone else. :D

At any rate, once I feel credible enough with my knowledge I'll try to accelerate the growth of the WIKI.

- keantoken

Just remember, if you need syntax help, it follows MediaWiki's format.
Posted on 2007-07-28 11:46:29 by SpooK
I tried to make some additions to the "Links" section and when I clicked on "Edit" I got a blank page saying "Hacking attempt..."
Posted on 2007-07-28 16:30:41 by drhowarddrfine

I tried to make some additions to the "Links" section and when I clicked on "Edit" I got a blank page saying "Hacking attempt..."

The Wiki security is entirely based on being logged into this forum at the time of edit. If you do not have cookies enabled, then you will probably not be able to edit.
Posted on 2007-07-28 18:03:46 by SpooK
I am both, logged in and cookies enabled.
Posted on 2007-07-29 10:46:08 by drhowarddrfine

I am both, logged in and cookies enabled.

Fixed a bit of the checking for the Wiki group in the source.

How about now???
Posted on 2007-07-29 12:12:51 by SpooK
That works.  Thanks.
I was going to look into organizing the 'links' section.
Posted on 2007-07-29 18:21:08 by drhowarddrfine

Can these two threads be updated/unsticked?

They indicated that only Community Staff are able to make changes to the wiki.
Integrated ASM Wiki Book
When Contributing Please Read This

What scope does the community want for the electronics section?
Just beginner level information,
or a broad study that would be like a Wiki Book inside a Wiki Book?

Looking forward to an automated edit history.

What kind of management system is in place for logging which 'to be wikified' posts have been processed?

Thanks,

Michael
Posted on 2007-08-17 14:26:52 by eet_1024
I removed the "When Contributing Please Read This" Thread. Thanks.

What kind of management system is in place for logging which 'to be wikified' posts have been processed?

Hrm, I'd suggest for "Processed Posts" to add a reply to that specific post saying that it's done. One of the mods will rename it and move it to the "Recycle Bin". Safe quick and bumps up the Post Count :lol:
Posted on 2007-08-17 19:58:59 by JimmyClif

For all of those in "Code Warrior" group (i.e. members with 100+ posts) you now have the ability to edit the Wiki.

So, as a Regular Member, I don't qualify ?
Am I blind ? I haven't been able to find that edit button.
The unwritten links are in red, but they don't open an edit page.
I've tried both FireFox and IE. Both with cookies enabled.
Posted on 2007-08-20 21:47:10 by tenkey

So, as a Regular Member, I don't qualify ?
Am I blind ? I haven't been able to find that edit button.
The unwritten links are in red, but they don't open an edit page.
I've tried both FireFox and IE. Both with cookies enabled.

Awkward. The requirement for the Code Warrior group is simply 100 or more posts.

I will look into it. Thanks.
Posted on 2007-08-20 22:00:02 by SpooK