hi friends.
i have a problem when install windows vista, i had windows xp on partition C and now want to install windows vista on parttion F :

the error is like this :

http://www.Photo-Host.org/view/841173loi.bmp.jpg

strange thing that i've ever installed success windows vista on this parttion , then i format parttion F and reinstall vista , and take this error ? help me ! thanks.
Posted on 2007-08-03 01:49:37 by chicken
Are you dealing with SATA/RAID???

Also, check your motherboard manufacturer's website for Vista drivers.
Posted on 2007-08-03 02:14:51 by SpooK
i'm using two harddisk and both are samsung with IDE cable (model SP0842N and SP0411N), i've check samsunghdd.com but not found anything, i don't know why my previous installation did not take this problem  :mad:
Posted on 2007-08-03 03:32:39 by chicken
What happens when you press "Load driver" ?
Is F: marked as bootable?
Posted on 2007-08-03 05:09:26 by Ultrano
thanks very much for reply.
I had windows xp on partition C and using it to install windows vista.
if press "Load Driver" and try for some directory as : CDROM with main board disk inside, WinXPDir\System32\Driver  and the installer say "not found driver"

@Ultrano : what do you mean "marked as bootable" ? i don't know how to mark it and i think the OS Setup will do that, not me.
Posted on 2007-08-03 06:31:56 by chicken
1. You installing from an installation DVD right ? The message in the image says "...restart from installation disc ..." (Maybe this the problem)

2. The Disk1Partition1 (F: in the image) might not be a "primary" partition??? Maybe Vista needs the partition to be a primary partition.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Shantanu
Posted on 2007-08-03 23:21:13 by shantanu_gadgil
it's ok now , i've uninstalled primary IDE channel and second IDE channel in the Device Manager and reinstall them , this time the installer says "not found support information for device" but let me continue install . Thank again, friends.
Posted on 2007-08-04 08:59:56 by chicken