I’m trying to migrate some *.asm and *.inc files from another IDE to RadASM. What is the correct way to do this?

John Leonard

Posted on 2007-08-10 12:41:24 by jleonard
I'd say:

Create a Project by the name of your existing project.
Replace the new MyProject.asm & MyProject.inc file with your old ones.
Manually add other files to the project through the Add Existing Files Menu Option.

I don't know about the resources however. If your old project has a lot of resources than it might be a little more involved, especially if there are many dialogs.
Posted on 2007-08-10 13:10:24 by JimmyClif
Alright, I did what you recommended.

I am getting errors that suggest that the files I have added to the project aren’t being assembled and linked into the final result.

Is there a way that I can check this and correct it if there is an error?
John Leonard

Posted on 2007-08-12 14:48:09 by jleonard
Oh I guess that depends on how you included the other files... I mostly include all other files through the include statement but you can also add them through the commandline. Not? I don't know how RadAsm would do that.

If your project isn't too big why not just attach it we'll fix it up. :)
Posted on 2007-08-12 17:22:22 by JimmyClif
Alright, here it is.
The thing is I wanted to distribute the code of the project into three separate camps:
1. A generic Windows program.
2. A generic OpenGL program.
3. The specific code for the given program.
I have not been able to separate the procedures of the code into different files or modules. It runs as a single file though.
Attachments:
Posted on 2007-08-16 00:47:06 by jleonard
FIM means “Fat Instruction Macro”. Machine language instructions are surrounded by a macro code (FIM) that allows them to Output or draw themselves to the user and to receive Input from the User.
This program consists of Assembly language instructions that are surrounded by such Fat Instruction Macro’s.
I just want you to understand when I post this the reason for the “FIM macros”.
Attachments:
Posted on 2007-08-21 02:05:20 by jleonard