I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to create a DX program in asm. The disassembler doesn't help at all. They even create the window differently in DX(either that or there is a large wrapper for it). Is it possible that anyone here has written any code for DX8 yet and can help me out?
Posted on 2000-11-21 05:08:00 by real_man
check http://bizarrecreations.webjump.com/ i know there is some stuff about DX
Posted on 2000-11-21 06:10:00 by (scalp)
That's DX7 stuff. DX8 makes things 10 times more complicated but it's faster. I guess now it's trial and error :)
Posted on 2000-11-21 14:43:00 by real_man
Are you saying DX8 is faster than DX7? DX7 is faster than DX6?... what kind of posessed system do you have? ;) Everyone i know that has installed DX8 has complained of performance loss compared to DX7 (which in turn is slower than DX6) Unfourtunately when i installed DX7 i didn't know that i couldn't degrade to DX6 again if it would be slow :(( My suggestion is you do what every good 3D game/app programmer do.. use OpenGL and double your apps framerate in the process (why do you think games like Q3 have their engines optimized for OGL? because they know it is faster) Simpler to code too and not to mention smaller use DX for sound only or 2D, but not 3D :) anyway this was just a tip if u are planning on doing smth 3D
Posted on 2000-11-22 12:52:00 by Zynaps