in the windows API documentation it says I can load an AVI from the resource.. Ok.. I know how to add an ICON.. also a BITMAP. but, how whould I add an AVI to a resorce script? Thank you all in advance. Jason
Posted on 2000-11-22 11:58:00 by tudisco
No tag specifically for AVI. You must include the AVI as a custom resource and then load it with FindResource/LoadResource/LockResource functions.
Posted on 2000-11-22 19:51:00 by Iczelion
that is what I thought... But the API docs said somthing about using MAKEINTRESOURCE macro.. I tried making a custom resource and using MAKEINTRESOURCE.. but I had no luck with that. So I just embeded it into my program... When I need it, I spit it out into a file and load it.. I don't know how to load an AVI using win32 API with a resource handle. If someone could give me a clue that would be cool. Jason
Posted on 2000-11-22 21:09:00 by tudisco
ignore MAKEINTRESOURCE. It's a C macro. We have no need for it in our asm program. Just replace it with the ID of your AVI resource. If your resource ID is defined in .rc file as: #define ID_AVI 1000 In your code, ID_AVI equ 1000 ..... invoke FindResource,hInstance,ID_AVI,RT_RCDATA mov hResource,eax invoke LoadResource,hInstance,hResource mov ResourceHandle,eax invoke LockResource,ResourceHandle There, you have the pointer to your AVI data
Posted on 2000-11-22 21:49:00 by Iczelion
Thanks a bunch... Going to try that that right now! thanks for helping.. :) .. Very nice of you.. jason
Posted on 2000-11-23 02:57:00 by tudisco